Dog Show Photographers

puppy_dawgs

What breed do you have puppy_dawgs?

When it comes to candid ring shots, most of us tend to hang out at our own rings, I do try to cover as much and as many breeds as I can, but I tend to be drawn back to group 5 as it is the group that holds the most interest for me, I know others are the same you gravitate to what you know.

Of course I don't think any photographer would have a problem with you requesting your dogs are photographed if you ask.

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins_Junior

Probably because they are often on paid shoots, have been asked to cover the groups and general specials by the clubs or they simply want to take pics of friends dogs. I'm not professional but I really only take pics of dogs that belong to people I know or if there is something spectacular that catches my eye. Sadly there aren't a lot of dogs that are truly eye catching and photograph well, I skip straight past those that aren't stacked or gaited correctly and focus on the dogs that are going to produce the great shots.

Probably because they are often on paid shoots, have been asked to cover the groups and general specials by the clubs or they simply want to take pics of friends dogs. I'm not professional but I really only take pics of dogs that belong to people I know or if there is something spectacular that catches my eye. Sadly there aren't a lot of dogs that are truly eye catching and photograph well, I skip straight past those that aren't stacked or gaited correctly and focus on the dogs that are going to produce the great shots.

I just find it interesting when they photograph the person in front and the person behind you because they are their friends/well known person. when they've been asked to cover ring shots of all dogs.

on the flip side, if your dog stacks up beautifully without moving or fidgeting they may only need the one shot :D

Edited to add - from my experience too, if the judge is going up/down the line they may also move away when the judge gets in front of them

Edited by helen