Chiropractor Recommendations

PuddleDuck

Can anyone recommend a good dog chiro in Sydney? We're on the northern beaches but if we need to drive a bit to get to a good one that's fine.

Bear is still having weird lameness and the vet thought it was just a sprain and put her on rimadyl but it's not improving, I'm thinking it might be worth trying a chiro

Keith Phillips at Wyong is reasonable :) I was taking my BC there and we still take dogs there for normal vet treatment. He also does laser acupuncture. Coast and Valley Vet hospital, Alison Rd Wyong... give them a call its pretty much a consultant fee for chiropractic work justmake sure yyou let them know its for Keith I know theres another vet there but Dunno if she does chiropractic work.

Don't know any in your area, but these ones people drive to from all over Sydney and the Coast.

Western Sydney

Peter Schofields - Muscle Manipulator - 0411 353 130

Blair @ Quaker Hill Vet Clinic - Chiro & Laser - 9626 9561

Don't know any in your area, but these ones people drive to from all over Sydney and the Coast.

Western Sydney

Peter Schofields - Muscle Manipulator - 0411 353 130

Blair @ Quaker Hill Vet Clinic - Chiro & Laser - 9626 9561

I drove up from Victoria for my greyhound to see these 2. :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks guys, I'll jump on the phone this arvo

My vet said it's probably a sprain but could be a stress fracture (very small). We haven't done X-rays yet, I'm leaning towards seeing the chiro first cos the vet seemed to think it was just a wait and see (locum vet, not my usual one) rather than X-ray it just yet. It's really only the first few minutes after she gets up, then she comes good again. I'm just not convinced it's improving though

I take my Cavalier to see Helen Nicholson who is a canine physio. She is the one who picked up that she had HD after many vet visits

Mark hocking and Pam Short at Gladesville Vet for trigger point therapy and acupuncture and Angus at hornsby vet for acupuncture.

My girl was also having weird lameness in her front left leg which was caused by her HD.

Good luck. It can be a frustrating journey. Feel free to PM if you need more info

Edited by CavsRcute

Thanks cavs. I'm hoping it's nothing major, the thing about my toller is that she does absolutely everything my 2 year old daughter does.....so current theory is she injured herself when she was going on the slide or the trampoline with the girlchild, or possibly jumping off the bed after story time. I can't think of anything else she could have done to cause an injury. She is very unhappy with not being allowed to do any of those activities at the moment :laugh:

For the trigger point therapy or acupuncture at Gladesville Vet, you don't need a referral but when you ring to make an appointment tell them it's for trigger point etc and they will allow more time.

If you can get a video to show them it makes it easier