From Bad To Worse

Remarkabull

So last week I posted about my 6 month old pup being quite sick (didn't eat for almost 3 days, vomiting, lethargic) and thankfully he is completely back to normal now and didn't need to stay at vets or have any major treatment.

Today I received a phone call from a young lady who purchased one of my pups to let me know he was at the vet in a bad way. Apparently he has been vomiting for days and has also had diarrhoea for a day or 2 but was still happy, playful, eating and drinking. This afternoon she arrived home to find her house full of diarrhoea and vomit containing blood and a very sad pup. He is currently on a drip and receiving antibiotics. Vet said depending on how he is in the morning they may do x-rays as he suspects pup may have eaten something he shouldn't have.

I wish she had told me earlier that he was unwell as I would have said to see vet earlier. I really don't know what to do, I feel so helpless and sad for her. He may no longer be mine but I still love him and feel sick with worry. She is going to keep me advised on how he is doing in the morning. Fingers (and everything else crossed that he has improved.)

Vet thinks parvo is very unlikely.

Its horrible not being able to help. She was really upset as pup was freaking out when she left him there. They're very close as he is her only pet and she is single so it's just him and her most of the time.

Poor girl is staying with her parents tonight so she's not alone.

Guest donatella

Blood in vomit and stool sound like haemorrhagic gastroenteritis (I'm no vet though). Lucy had it, a night on drip with abs and she came good although it can be fatal in some who aren't treated early enough but sounds like this pup is being treated already!

My pup came good after 2 antibiotic tablets but he didn't have diarrhoea and wasn't dehydrated and no blood either, so they are still thinking a mild case of gastro or similar. Plus my pup was refusing food and was only vomiting occasionally.

This pup has been eating and drinking but can't keep anything down and has apparently had diarrhoea and vomiting for 3+ days.

She said that while he was at her parents house last week he chewed a plastic bowl so could possibly have ingested part of that. She's going to call vet soon and let me know how he is this morning and what the plan is for treatment.