Inquiry To Examine Greyhound Racing

Nic.B

Sorry about the length of this.

HapoyNew Year!

I appreciate the time you took to reply. So no apology needed for length. I just popped online while lunch is cooking, but will come back later to read it properly. :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any dog of any breed has the potential to be aggressive - whether towards small animals, other dogs or people. But we also cannot forget that some breeds have had their instincts 'shaped' by humans for hundreds of years. Some breeds were bred for herding, some for hunting and some as companions. You cannot remove these instincts. Put an 8wo Kelpie puppy in a yard of sheep and watch what happens. Drag a lure in front of a Greyhound, or try and get a Pug off your couch, etc. We cannot pretend that these instincts don't exist in Greyhounds. As I said, my girl lives with cats and small animals, but I have seen her switch into prey drive occasionally when something has caught her eye. I wouldn't trust her with small things running around. Groups like GAP have worked really hard to show the public that despite these instincts, Greyhounds can make fantastic pets. But other groups seem to want to pretend their hunting instincts don't exist, and that is a disaster waiting to happen.