K9 Pro Workshops In Melbourne?

You are not alone. :laugh: I have been secretly freaking out and even almost on the brink of cancelling. :laugh: I share all your concerns and more! What if I get lost, what if nothing goes right, what if I lose my tongue from shyness, what if I ask stupid questions or can't answer the simplest of answers... etc etc

I'm sure it will be fine, worst case scenario we can look like idiots together and have a laugh. :thumbsup: I'm only bringing one collar and leash lol... how much gear are you bringing (do I need to bring more?!)?

I am getting seriously nervous... I'm running around.... which dog do I take? which lead do I take? What gear full stop??

Hi Paddles!

I would suggest bringing whatever leash you usually use for training or trialling.

I would also suggest bringing a long line if you have one :) Plus high value food rewards and your dog's favourite toy.

ETA: and re which dog, bring whichever one you need the most help with!

Is Steve scary?

Only if you work for him... :laugh: :laugh:

I promise Steve won't be scary!

am I going to look like a total idiot? (probably)

I am sure you won't, but I will be there and I am the most unco person on the planet, so I am sure I will do something you can laugh at me for!

is milo going to be perfect for Steve and make me look a dill? (or more of one than I normally look???)

Pretty much every dog works perfectly for Steve! But, he is a professional, so that's what they are supposed to do, and he will show you how to get the same results :)

what's the weather going to be like? am I going to cook in jeans?? I could go on... who else is going??

Seeing as I am flying down from Sydney I can't give you much info on the weather :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by huski

You are not alone. :laugh: I have been secretly freaking out and even almost on the brink of cancelling. :laugh: I share all your concerns and more! What if I get lost, what if nothing goes right, what if I lose my tongue from shyness, what if I ask stupid questions or can't answer the simplest of answers... etc etc

I'm sure it will be fine, worst case scenario we can look like idiots together and have a laugh. :thumbsup: I'm only bringing one collar and leash lol... how much gear are you bringing (do I need to bring more?!)?

Hi Silentchild, don't freak out! I am really excited, it should be a great weekend, we have put a lot of planning into this workshop (as we do all of our workshops) and we can't wait to meet everyone and their dogs :thumbsup:

There are no stupid questions, in fact we will give you all some very good incentives *cough*givingawayfreegear*cough* to ask as many questions, and give as many answers to questions WE ask YOU, as possible!

Steve and I always aim to make everyone feel comfortable and have a good time and a good laugh, even if it is at my expense :laugh:

Edited by huski

Nope . Not scared. I've been to plenty of workshops and I'm not afraid of making a total fool of myself. I also remind myself that I paid good money to attend.

:thumbsup:

I'm excited as it's only my second ever trip to Melbourne! And also the last workshop we are running for the year, so we will have to make it a super good one :)

I'm throwing EVERYTHING in the car... long lines, harnesses, halties, collars, fixed, limited slip and check chain, food (for me and the dog) LOOSE my voice... I wish.. lol... I'm more concerned I say something totally stupid...

and I have a private consult on friday too.... holy cow...

I was about to comment saying you have your private consult on Friday, so by the workshop you will be a pro - there's nothing to worry about! :thumbsup: :p

Holy crap paddles you are bringing a lot... I feel inadequate in comparison lol. I'm going to stick to my limited slip collar and leash, don't have a long line or harness as we've never needed one. :D Now thinking maybe I should bring a martingale and trial leash....

I've been to many horse workshops but never a dog one!

Oh... another thing... who else is coming in from out of town? (even you Bec) what day are you getting down? I'm driving down thursday... staying til monday

I don't fly down until Friday afternoon but Steve got there today to start running private consults :thumbsup:

Oh... another thing... who else is coming in from out of town? (even you Bec) what day are you getting down? I'm driving down thursday... staying til monday

I'm coming from Adelaide :)

Driving over Friday Arvo due to work.... will probably get there super late, and be really tired for the Workshop embarrass.gif

Driving home monday.

I'm worried Reggies not going to settle in her crate for quiet time embarrass.gif

...and not settle while out either

Edited by GeorgieB

Don't stress guys, its gonna be AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They will have a butt load of equiptment so if anyone needs a long line or something that they forget, huski will be able to hook you up :D

(Though I think I could challenge you Huski, for the title of most unco person around.)

If in doubt, I'll have a Labrador who is always primed and ready to be cuddled.

I'm driving down from Sydney on Friday! With a car full of dogs and dog stuff!