2 Toy Poodles Need A New Home.

I groomed a pair of toy poodles yesterday that need a new home. They are elderly and nervy. They are used to being their owners world. They were originally rescued from a backyard breeder who kept them caged all the time. One very small brown girl and a normal sized black girl. Brown girl is very timid and frightened of the world, just wants to be held, black girl is very difficult to groom and a little highly strung. Owned by elderly people, one has gone in to a home with dementia, the other has just been diagnosed with cancer and has not long to live. Southern Highlands. NSW. PM me if interested. Will not separate. Both Desexed.

Poor little darlings.

The owners of Styles Grooming Salon just down the road from me are breeders of Standard Poodles, but love all sizes. I've seen lots of oldies being groomed over the years and they obviously have a wide ranging clientele.

I believe they have helped rescue groups in the past and may be worth contacting. Damn, just remembered they are closed for a couple of weeks.

They give out their mobile numbers though:

0431 275 780

0418 698 831

I think I know them DD, thanks for that. Also for the poodle club contact. I phoned Denise from PAWS yesterday and she is happy to take them on and update their vet work but they can remain where they are as the foster care - saves them another upheaval. The neighbour looking after them just needs to sleep on it, she is elderly herself and is not coping with the idea of losing touch with these dogs as it was her who rescued them all originally and rehomed them all locally to friends, she has a litter sister and I groom two other litter brothers. She minds them all the time too. She is going to have a good think about whether the dogs are truly bonded or not too. If they go under the PAWS banner I will let the suggested people above know so they can redirect any enquiries.

Edited by Clyde

Great work, Clyde. Sounds like these little ones have some pretty sound options. :thumbsup:

Amen to that.

And bless Denise from PAWS. She and her team are exceptional in how they deal with smaller breeds. Even tho' I'm in Q'ld, I support PAWS any way I can.