Puppy Love

Collie has developed a habit of grooming Sarah - a lot, She comes away completely saturated in saliva after one of his grooming sessions. Sarah doesn't seem to mind most of the time although he does get told off on occasions.

While very cute it's actually kind of annoying for me because he's making me more allergic to my dog. I'm allergic to both cats and dogs but don't have too much of a problem with dogs because they don't lick themselves as much as cats although Collie is changing all that :p

Just wondering if anyone knows why he does this, it's usually when he's in a 'playful' mood as his penis is often sticking out a bit as he's grooming away.

Also I wouldn't mind if he didn't do it so often but they are so friggen cute together and I don't want to spoil that.

Does he do it mainly around her ears but any chance?

Bronson does this to Lacy, she lets him but if I see him doing it I nip it in the bud. To me it's an nwanted behaviour, he doesn't do it all the time and only does it to Lacy not the other dogs. I'd love to know why too.

Edited to add while doing the licking he will try to put one leg on her back as if he is going to hump her but he never gets far as she doesn't let him, so maybe a dominance thing?

Edited by tlc