Sydney Royal Accomodation

dannyBC

There really isn't any suitable accommodation with dogs anywhere near the showgrounds as the hotels are all high rise. A lot of the dog people stay at Nepean Shores at Penrith and drive in from there.

Nepean Shores

Camping, including booking a caravan to be brought in, is also available at Dogs NSW grounds at Orchard Hills.

This topic is timely for me! Rather than starting a similar topic of my own, can I ask if anyone knows of accommodation(like cabins) around Orchard Hills where we can bring the dogs inside (in crates). We're trying to organize our first Specialty show experience but we don't have a trailer and I don't trust my girls in the car alone. I looked at Nepean Shores, and that might be a last resort, as I would like to avoid them sleeping outside in their crates in late April.

This topic is timely for me! Rather than starting a similar topic of my own, can I ask if anyone knows of accommodation(like cabins) around Orchard Hills where we can bring the dogs inside (in crates). We're trying to organize our first Specialty show experience but we don't have a trailer and I don't trust my girls in the car alone. I looked at Nepean Shores, and that might be a last resort, as I would like to avoid them sleeping outside in their crates in late April.

Those Bunning compost panels do very well for blocking access to the front seat of a car. I imagine with some thought you might be able to make a custom crate for your back seat. Only needs to last a few nights. Add in a baby monitor and you'll be set.

Those Bunning compost panels do very well for blocking access to the front seat of a car. I imagine with some thought you might be able to make a custom crate for your back seat. Only needs to last a few nights. Add in a baby monitor and you'll be set.

I'll pitch the idea to my husband, we do have an x trail which is a good size for the 2 dogs.

I've camped a couple of times at Avinavan for specialties - it's a good spot. Not sure what the cabins are like.

Plenty of different sorts to choose from. My friends and I were in 2 that had a large covered verandah between them. Could easily set up a few crates there.