Sydney Saturday Arvo Meet-up

I changed this thread as I just thought to set a date and see who drops in.

I have chosen Centennial Park as parking is easy to bring your dogs, shade is available in summer and there is loads of space for a dog park situation.

I'll set a date and time and we can see how it suits people...

So 2-4pm on Saturday, 15th of February, near the War Memorial Rotunda. Bring yourself, a blanket, your kids, your dogs, a coffee or beverage of your choice, poo bags and best dog park behaviour.

It is a dog park setting so I hope people will be okay with this.

Cheers, FF

Edited by Flying Furball

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, who's coming? Put your money on the table :D

Are you taking Penny? :laugh: :laugh:

No. Too many dogs and seriously she is not taking to the leash yet...she rolls around. I did take her outside to try and demonstrate the point of it and she walked back to the front door...first time proper walking :rofl: She flies around the unit trying to get it off.

Okay, who's coming? Put your money on the table :D

Are you taking Penny? :laugh: :laugh:

No. Too many dogs and seriously she is not taking to the leash yet...she rolls around. I did take her outside to try and demonstrate the point of it and she walked back to the front door...first time proper walking :rofl: She flies around the unit trying to get it off.

Oh but she's beautiful. She's allowed to fly. :laugh: :laugh:

Where is the War Memorial Rotunda, for those not overly familiar with the area?

(I still get lost in there, even though I used to live at the edge of Centennial Park :laugh: )

You drive around the main circuit which is one way and then you will at some point go past a large cleared area to your left which is the main dog area with this sandstone war memorial in it. Here is a link:

Centennial Parklands with picture of war memorial

Due to rain forecast I'll post on Saturday morning if it seems to be a washout :)

We're out! Sorry. Have just come back from the vet and we've been put in quarantine with a suspected / mild case of kennel cough!!!!

Sorry - would have loved to put faces to names.

Oh no... Hope things clear quickly.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Due to rain forecast of up to a centimeter rain I think it wisest to cancel for today. Tonka doesn't mind the rain but I think it is too unpredictable.