Support For Breeder Community Dolers

Loving my Oldies

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im holding up ok, tired but the pups are much stronger now which picks up the spirits.

Im doing my last top up feed about midnight, then start again about 6:30am. Reba is letting me feed more in the whelping box which makes it easier, as I just rotate the pups between her and the bottle.

She is relaxing more and even enjoyed a swim yesterday and a short play with the other dogs while having some time outside. So nice to see her 'old self' coming back.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is getting a bit old now but I've just read that SLF euthanized two of the puppies after discovering their central nervous system was compromised causing issues with most of their 5 senses.

I just wanted to express my condolences here but most of all I want to thank SLF for sharing her story from the snake bite to the issues with the puppies. Surprisingly this situation is so uncommon no one knew what to expect once the puppies were born but now the thread on her little blind puppy currently has over 3000 views which says to me the next time this happens hopefully the breeder hears about this story and is therefore a little more knowledgeable going in