What Household 'enemies' Has Your Dog Made A Truce With?

trinabean

ESCS, your tibbie's cousin, Lily next door, is anti-possum, too. The resident possum wants to invade the deck ...but Lily's having none of it. Her dad's tried to broker a peace by building the possum a stylish possum box in a tree. Possum's not having any of that.... so no truce. Maybe there'll be a similar fall, one day.

Having met Lily, my money's on her to keep out those invaders! I suspect she is tougher than Miki who is a bit of a chicken in spite of all the chest banging. I was horrified when I saw the possum fall on top of Miki but I'm rather pleased now that there's a truce without any strategic action on my part. No more nonsense from either party!

Oh how I wish my puppy would make a truce with the broom! I know she will...eventually.

Bruno used to be terrible with the broom (biting and chasing it etc) but he has a truce with it now too. He ignores indoor sweeping. The same broom though, if it crosses into enemy territory (the pavers outside) well, war is declared. :laugh:

My mum has a statue on her balcony that Boston used to hate - he'd bark at it and give it a few meters space if he had to walk past it, but lately he's getting better. Last week he peed on it, which I think was a "screw you, statue" gesture :laugh:

Buuuut then the other day he sniffed it, and because it smelt like him ... he wagged his tail a little bit, trotted off and didn't bark at it the whole time we were there, and didn't avoid it! I laughed and laughed and laughed, because the silly puppy accidentally made friends with the statue :rofl:

The statue has switched sides? The persuasion power of puppy pee. :laugh:

We're still working on the gheckos on the walls...

Oh I miss those little guys. We used to have them inside when I lived in north Qld.

I doubt Bruno could get through peace talks with them. He's bad enough with moths, birds, flies etc.

I made some progress yesterday with a firm stay while I swept, but he wasn't happy about it.

I usually have even less luck with the outside broom, and especially the evil rake!!

No. The rake is still firmly in the enemy camp here too.

Not a household enemy but a 'street thug' - a long black sandbag / bunding on a construction site we walk past to get to the park.

Only took 5 days to walk past. First time he just about jumped out of his skin, second time he was brave enough to sniff.. days 3 + 4 involved keeping an eye on it by about day 5 he didn't need to check it, just trotted past.

Impressive sleeping through that racket!

It's hard to see (because his black face swallows his eyes up on film :laugh: ) but he did wake, a bit. When the robovac gently lifted the side of his bed, and his head up, as it passed. He opened his eyes lazily. He looked totally bored. Robovac used to be so interesting.

It seems my sneezes are public enemy number 1 with Tempeh! I recently sneezed on her while she was asleep and she jumped up and gave me the filthiest of looks. I've been working my way through the house the last couple of weeks doing a serious declutter so I've been sneezing a bit and even if she is not in the same room she will run and stand in the door way and give me a death stare till I stop. Maybe my sneezes mimic a truly terrible swear word in dog language? Maybe I'm calling her a cat shagger or something?

Cat shagger! :rofl:

Sorry, I mssed seeing your post yesterday LG. Poor Tempeh, the things she puts up with! :laugh:

Our tibbie has made an uneasy truce with the resident possum who stubbornly refuses to leave 'home' even with one determined tibbie hassling him. The possum would sit on the lowest branch of the tree hissing and carrying on at our tibbie while he barked at it. The truce happened one night when the possum somehow lost his balance and fell off the branch right on top of a very astonished tibbie. Confusion reigned and after a bit of a scuffle, the possum ran up the tree and our fearless tibbie came running into the house with his tail firmly between his legs! They are both now too scared of each other to hiss or bark. Peace reigns!!!

And I missed this too ESCS, that's fantastic. I wonder who was more shocked, the tibbie or the possum?

Edited by trinabean

Maybe I'm calling her a cat shagger or something?

:coffeesplurk:

Bahahahaha

Lili has made peace with the sound that mineral water makes when opened.

She has not, however, been able to come to terms with the Dyson. It is an evil, roaring, sucking monster which is to be avoided at all costs, despite injuries sustained whilst performing mind bending acrobatics to avoid stepping on the cord.....

She also still avoids plastic bags, upturned wheelie bins, sky writing (oh yes, what is that appearing in the sky?!?!) and anything new.

Mosley doesn't care. About anything.

Edited by Aussie3