What Household 'enemies' Has Your Dog Made A Truce With?

trinabean

My mum has a statue on her balcony that Boston used to hate - he'd bark at it and give it a few meters space if he had to walk past it, but lately he's getting better. Last week he peed on it, which I think was a "screw you, statue" gesture :laugh:

Buuuut then the other day he sniffed it, and because it smelt like him ... he wagged his tail a little bit, trotted off and didn't bark at it the whole time we were there, and didn't avoid it! I laughed and laughed and laughed, because the silly puppy accidentally made friends with the statue :rofl:

Oh how I wish my puppy would make a truce with the broom! I know she will...eventually.

x 2!!!!!

I made some progress yesterday with a firm stay while I swept, but he wasn't happy about it.

I usually have even less luck with the outside broom, and especially the evil rake!!

I am lucky that the broom has them scattering fast!. Kira guards the others from the evil vaccuum, so the boys disappear when that is going too.

Jingo is making progress with the "dog eating plastic bags", but the evil dog that sometimes appears at night in the window (his shadow) well, that sends him crazy :laugh: and he has a loud scary growl too, for a tiny Jack Russell.

Di

Powerlegs, I hope you found the rat or intruder that did that, after all it could not have been one of the dogs- right! :rofl:

Actually I can just imagine the thought process there.... "yeah, that'll do it, can't move without power" Smart dog!

Di

Powerlegs, I hope you found the rat or intruder that did that, after all it could not have been one of the dogs- right! :rofl:

Actually I can just imagine the thought process there.... "yeah, that'll do it, can't move without power" Smart dog!

Di

There was no witnesses to the mangling of course, no guilty faces. I got the feeling they were quite pleased. :laugh:

eta I should add that the first culprit was the cat who managed to corner the poor thing and handicap the little side sweep bristle. :o She probably got the dogs to do her bidding.

Edited by Powerlegs

It seems my sneezes are public enemy number 1 with Tempeh! I recently sneezed on her while she was asleep and she jumped up and gave me the filthiest of looks. I've been working my way through the house the last couple of weeks doing a serious declutter so I've been sneezing a bit and even if she is not in the same room she will run and stand in the door way and give me a death stare till I stop. Maybe my sneezes mimic a truly terrible swear word in dog language? Maybe I'm calling her a cat shagger or something?

Our sweet natured gentle sheltie, Danny, leapt to the attack when the printer suddenly sprang into action. Only way to make a truce was to put the printer up on a very high shelf.

In his long life, he never made a household enemy of anything else... or outside the house, either.

Edited by mita

Our tibbie has made an uneasy truce with the resident possum who stubbornly refuses to leave 'home' even with one determined tibbie hassling him. The possum would sit on the lowest branch of the tree hissing and carrying on at our tibbie while he barked at it. The truce happened one night when the possum somehow lost his balance and fell off the branch right on top of a very astonished tibbie. Confusion reigned and after a bit of a scuffle, the possum ran up the tree and our fearless tibbie came running into the house with his tail firmly between his legs! They are both now too scared of each other to hiss or bark. Peace reigns!!!