A Month Photo Challenge

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been bad! Got busy/slack early in the week... But I have been taking photos most days, trying a few new editing things out, and taking some (not many) non-dog photos!

5/28 - Snapped out the car window, pretty!

1655138_714537841898225_584311200_o.jpg

6/28 - Training day with friends

1275508_10202541988444642_1616251438_o.jpg

7/28 - Generic mountain shot, might play with this a little more... Looks a bit bland!

1072448_714537745231568_1966138614_o.jpg

8/28 - My friend's dog before his track at the trial yesterday. I don't 'do' black & white often, but I like this one!

1399150_714537928564883_1528487529_o.jpg

9/28 - Elsie enjoying some running around after the tracking trial today

1898404_714538241898185_1661384618_o.jpg

All of my photos are handheld Roova... I've built some nice biceps from holding the camera and big lens up for hours taking photos. I don't think of it as very heavy nowadays... but I really notice the difference if I put the shorter lens on - it all feels so light then!

After the first day i went out with the 100-400mm lens, my hands and arms siezed up due to the strain I'd put on them by shooting handheld with 2kg of equipment - but I went out the next day and spent another fair few hours telling them they were going to handle it... never had an issue since.

I prefer handheld because it gives me many more options where and how I point the camera - especially if the subject it moving about...

T.

All of my photos are handheld Roova... I've built some nice biceps from holding the camera and big lens up for hours taking photos. I don't think of it as very heavy nowadays... but I really notice the difference if I put the shorter lens on - it all feels so light then!

After the first day i went out with the 100-400mm lens, my hands and arms siezed up due to the strain I'd put on them by shooting handheld with 2kg of equipment - but I went out the next day and spent another fair few hours telling them they were going to handle it... never had an issue since.

I prefer handheld because it gives me many more options where and how I point the camera - especially if the subject it moving about...

T.

Wow! You've got an especially steady hand then. I guess there's no panning with a tripod which would make capturing a bird in flight a bit difficult :D I've often wondered if a monopod would be handy, even just to help with weight bearing at times?

T.

Wow! You've got an especially steady hand then. I guess there's no panning with a tripod which would make capturing a bird in flight a bit difficult :D I've often wondered if a monopod would be handy, even just to help with weight bearing at times?

You really do just get used to the weight Roova... and it just seems normal after a while... *grin*

T.