A Month Photo Challenge

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of my photos are handheld Roova... I've built some nice biceps from holding the camera and big lens up for hours taking photos. I don't think of it as very heavy nowadays... but I really notice the difference if I put the shorter lens on - it all feels so light then!

After the first day i went out with the 100-400mm lens, my hands and arms siezed up due to the strain I'd put on them by shooting handheld with 2kg of equipment - but I went out the next day and spent another fair few hours telling them they were going to handle it... never had an issue since.

I prefer handheld because it gives me many more options where and how I point the camera - especially if the subject it moving about...

T.

Wow! You've got an especially steady hand then. I guess there's no panning with a tripod which would make capturing a bird in flight a bit difficult :D I've often wondered if a monopod would be handy, even just to help with weight bearing at times?

I think you can pan with a tripod, you can get them with swivel heads.

It's a "thing" I have - I love getting photos of animals sticking out their tongues...

Birani will sometimes yawn or stick his tongue out if I call to him and tell him how handsome he is... I know he's reacting to me because he'll open his eyes and stare at me a bit while I'm telling him how gorgeous he is and what pretty pictures he's letting me take... lol! Seriously, he's a big ham...

T.

You really need to come down to Symbio with me one day FF... I can introduce you to all my "friends" there... lol!

They have 2 Devils, but poor Woody (who is actually my fave) got beaten up by Smithy and is healing a large hole in his side at the moment. From the sounds he's making from the off-exhibit area, I think he's going to be just fine very soon... *grin*

The only drawback to being recognised by the animals is Cranky Frankie the Goose, who lives with the Kangaroos at Symbio... that nasty bird has a bloody thing for me and goes on the attack as soon as he sees me... could make for some funny pics if you want to get some of me being savaged by a goose... hehe!

you could get some of Kiss Kiss the Alpaca running over and giving me kisses too... she's has a thing for me in a different way methinks... errr!

Or I could teach you how to pat an Emu on the head...

T.

You really need to come down to Symbio with me one day FF... I can introduce you to all my "friends" there... lol!

They have 2 Devils, but poor Woody (who is actually my fave) got beaten up by Smithy and is healing a large hole in his side at the moment. From the sounds he's making from the off-exhibit area, I think he's going to be just fine very soon... *grin*

The only drawback to being recognised by the animals is Cranky Frankie the Goose, who lives with the Kangaroos at Symbio... that nasty bird has a bloody thing for me and goes on the attack as soon as he sees me... could make for some funny pics if you want to get some of me being savaged by a goose... hehe!

you could get some of Kiss Kiss the Alpaca running over and giving me kisses too... she's has a thing for me in a different way methinks... errr!

Or I could teach you how to pat an Emu on the head...

T.

I'd rather do Taronga first as I have my annual pass. I do hope you have the same effect on animals there though too T or I shall be very disappointed :) How's the recovery going?