Nutrience Or Eagle Pack?

Thanks Nadia, I'm just going to use a cup or so of Eagle Pack Performance in the mornings until he is looking better, then I'll switch the frames that he is getting to wings, and make more of an effort to get lamb flaps (almost impossible to come by decent ones these days!).

One question for the dry food experts - is it ok to feed a Boxer pup (12 weeks old atm) on Power Formula rather than a Large Breed Puppy formula as part of their diet? Would the latter be better?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LittlePixie

No it's not okay, the latter is better. :cry:

The reasoning behind large breed puppy formulas is to keep excess weight off and grow them slowly. If you have a look at the analysis, large breed puppy formulas have less protein/fat % than the small breed or general puppy formulas do. Growing them slowly (by not feeding them up with high energy foods which encourage them to shoot up quickly) helps ease the pressure on those growing bones and joints. :thumbsup:

Theres more of a mark up on Nutrience to the shop owner....

Obviously they can still get it in if you choose to use it.

No perks with eagle Pack....just fantastic results rather than mediocre ones.

The PetDeli prices look a bit inflated IMO - the Power isn't a bad price, but the others :vomit:

Is there any reason you're going to use the Power formula?????

30% protein and 20% fat seems more than what your dogs would require....

The Original Adult formula is still 25% protein & 15% fat - and is $10 a bag cheaper (if you buy the 15 kg bags)....

The large and giant breed puppy food is 23% protein 12% fat - The maintenance formula is 20% protein 12% fat (and is nearly $20 a bag cheaper than the puppy for a 15 kg bag).

Having had Great Danes, I can tell you we NEVER fed "puppy" foods (giant or otherwise) because of the protein levels.... Your best bet would be the Maintenance - and add extra fat to it if you want to "bump up" the fat content for your other dogs.

It's only my opinion - but my RACING dogs are on the Power, they only get 2 cups of it at night (plus 200 grams beef mince, & 2 dog biscuits for breakfast)... and they race on that!

Distributors listing Check here for where to get your Eagle Pack... The pricelist that Eagle Pack puts out, is the prices the distributors should be selling it at... not like the prices I saw on that Pet Deli site.

Little Pixie, will do :vomit: In comparison to the Science Diet and Eukanuba it fares pretty well - hopefully it will last them ages. I figured I'd click the button to spend the money, and I'd think about it later! I just wont tell Josh what I've done... we're supposed to be saving for a car :)

Kez, the puppy formula has had its own research done on it, I know its all just advertising but it says it is different from the other growth formulas and is designed to prevent all the associated problems from occuring.

I'm using the power formula because I want something nutrient dense to put weight on him - technically he is not a racing dog, but the way he runs he might as well be, he goes a bit nuts chasing rabbits. Also, the power formula is for show dogs, which he is, so I figured it is probably the best one to put him on.

ha!

RnB..my petshop lady gets perks for eaglepack..she told me so..$7 a bag! SO THERE THEY DO GET PERKS!

ive cut out the middleman,

ive got hold of a horse friend

hes let me directly order from the wholesaler under my name and company.

WOOHOO>>> its darn cheaper too...im saving $30 a bag!

NO ONE GETS MY MONEY FOR PROFIT!

Guest LittlePixie
ha!

RnB..my petshop lady gets perks for eaglepack..she told me so..$7 a bag! SO THERE THEY DO GET PERKS!

$7 a bag is a pretty pathetic perk considering how much space dog food takes up in a store and therefore how much of the rent (which can be astronomical) is being paid simply to stock it.

NO ONE GETS MY MONEY FOR PROFIT!

Sorry, wrong. The people who make the food are still getting your money for profit because they have to sell it to the wholesaler in the first place.

Why would you expect any business to not try and make a profit??

$7 a bag for a Premium Food is not at all excessive.

Dog Food, in fact any stock feed like horse feed etc is a pain in the ass to stock, it is space consuming, low profit, people swap and change all the time and expect you to keep up, which is bloody impossible. Many foods can only be purchased direct or from distributors who don't stock much else, so you are running accounts here there and every where, and many of the companies have minimum size orders. Tough, if you get in a pallet of something, then every man and his dog suddenly wants to use another brand. The stuff doesn't keep, so you have that problem as well. And you have to cart it out to peoples cars for them, $7 whooopppeeeee!!

Edited by Nadia

well..

i just got a 15kg bad of nutrience supreme..delivered to my door for $50! useby date is 06!

but because everyone on here seems to think that i cant do it...

thats cool.

I came onto this forum for some advice...and everyones given theres...

Im sorry, but cannot find anywhere i can get eaglepak 15kg for $50 home delivered...

now i kno why i dont post on here...

Guest LittlePixie
but because everyone on here seems to think that i cant do it...

Nobody said you couldn't do anything, poodle :vomit:

Good for you finding it at that price. That's a great price, and just for the record I also feed Nutrience over Eagle Pack.

All I was saying is that you can't expect any business to do anything for absolutely nothing. That is not the way a business works.

And irrespective of where you get it from, someone somewhere along the line is making a profit from it.

I came onto this forum for some advice...and everyones given theres...

Im sorry, but cannot find anywhere i can get eaglepak 15kg for $50 home delivered...

now i kno why i dont post on here...

Well that makes the world of sense? You won't post here because you asked for advice and got it? Or you won't post here because we can't tell you where to get a 15kg bag of Eagle Pack for $50 AND have it delivered to your door?

Edited by LittlePixie

i asked advice about which to feed...

everyone seems to feed eagle pack....

then the conversation got onto how much money the petshop owners were getting from it etc...

ive cut out the middle man...gone wholesale and i think ive done the right thing...

im very happy to feed nutrience to my dogs and cat, and at the new price..why not!

im just so glad i finally got a response from soemone that feeds nutrience!!!

Oh so you only post on here if people agree with you? How unusual, and unlike this forum :)

Im excited that you think you got a bargain...whoop de doo :D

Nutrience has 45 % mark up at many shops....Eagle Pack 30%

But REGARDLESS of bargain basement...or only listening to those that agree with you

Maybe theres more than one reason you cant get a cheaper bigger bag of dog food delivered to your door?

Glad that YOU can tho....and your dogs do so well on it :vomit:

Edited by RnB

Guest LittlePixie

There are actually a few Nutrience feeders on here... not many, but there are some.

I've had great results feeding Nutrience to my dog and to my rats :) but, to be fair, I haven't ever tried Eagle Pack, as the store I work in doesn't stock it and why pass up a staff discount when you've got one? :vomit:

Edited by LittlePixie

RnB... i dont just post here to be agreed with....

i have tried to find some people that feed nutrience supreme...thats all...

now back to the topic...

why such the mark up???

i never understand why the makers have to make so much money off our pets..

i mean we all buy the best we can for them dont we?

I also have horses...and have found that wholesale and in bulk is the way to go...

i do it in pellets, hay and so forth...and as my dogs get the best..my horses get it too...i shop around and go for the best quality i can.

If i had the money to change the bloody petfood industry i would do it...

but unfortunately im just a user as everyone else is.

Guest LittlePixie
why such the mark up???

i never understand why the makers have to make so much money off our pets..

They have to make money to be able to keep existing.

It is very rare for someone to open a shop with the only intention of breaking even.

At the very least all the bills need to be paid.

People open stores in order to make a living. So they need to actually MAKE something out of having the store (or the company, or the product), and as it is, the stores themselves make extremely little out of the dog food itself, for the reasons explained earlier.

ok ok little pixie..dont get too upset!

goodness...i was just asking about nutrience or eaglepack...and your posting as if i was one of the bloody pet food people that sells it at the markuped prices!

If you happen to notice..i work for a charity that actually feeds horses due to the drought...so i am very very aware of markups etc...

I feed my dogs and my cat nutrience..end of bloody story...if i wanna pay big dollars for it i will..if i wanna get it dirt cheap...well so be it!

My animals get fed better than my familly....alwas have always will...

Guest LittlePixie

I'm not upset, I'm just trying to explain something for the third time running.

If you're aware of mark ups why do you keep asking why food is marked up?!

Are you listening to yourself?!

why such the mark up???

I answer you, and you say:

i am very very aware of markups etc...

So why ask?!

You asked us:

is the nutrience going to be better or the eagle pack???

THREE TIMES, as a matter of fact:

which one of these foods is better..

eagle pack or nutrience supreme..

i really just want opinions on wether i should keep them on the nutrience...

or should i change over to the pet shops recommended food of eagle pack???

So we give our opinions (the vast majority of which were EAGLE PACK, by the way), and you say:

I feed my dogs and my cat nutrience..end of bloody story

Rightio. :vomit:

Edited by LittlePixie