Nutrience Or Eagle Pack?

ive been feeding both my cat and my two dogs on nutrience supreme for about 2 yrs now, they are happy and healthy. They also get fresh beef.

Our petshop recently changed hands, and the new owners stocking eaglepack...for cats and dogs.

My chihuahua needs extra clacium due to a damaged leg, so i was wondering...is the nutrience going to be better or the eagle pack???

And may i ask...which eagle pack do you guys feed?

I have a Rhodesian ridgebackX dingo and a chihuahua...

money isnt the object..its the health of my dogs...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LittlePixie

Compare the ingredients and the nutritional analysis on packets of each and make your decision that way. :(

This extra calcium... is this just from the dry food? Or are you adding calcium TO the dry food yourself?

Edited to change ingrediant to ingredient...

Edited by LittlePixie

Guest LittlePixie

Well it depends what you want. It's often a matter of opinion with dog food anyway.

Go have a read of, and compare, the ingredients of the two brands, and the nutritional analysis on the back of the packets.

Eagle Pack doesn't have the added herbs that Nutrience does. Then again, I don't know how effective the herbs are anyway once they've been cooked into a biscuit and stored in warehouses for months.

Edited by LittlePixie

sorry, i havent made myself clear...

both the dogs get raw beef at night, but the chihuahua gets calcium powder quarter ateaspoon addded to her beef.

i really just want opinions on wether i should keep them on the nutrience...

or should i change over to the pet shops recommended food of eagle pack???

Guest LittlePixie

If you're happy with it, they maintain their usual condition/weight on it (or improve), coat and skin stays nice, and it's easier to get, then sure, why not?

They are both considered premium foods.

Ive used Nutrience with cats, without good results....altho my cats are special needs.

Ive tried Eagle Pack, and I have to say Ive never seen the coats so glossy?

Had quick results for the better.

Id give it a go and see for yourself....

Did a vet advise feeding more calcium to the chi?

Unusual as added calsium thats not needed to injury can cause even more probs?

Good Luck

I have just switched over from Eukanuba to Eagle Pack Holistic Chicken dry food and the Eagle Pack Holistic tinned food for my two dogs and cat and have so far found them to do great on it, there coats are really shiny and body condition is great.

I have never used the Nutrience so cannot compare the two, but i do find the Eagle Pack to be a great food, they also say they use human grade ingredients, and organic meat (if that matters). :(

Edited by melt

Ive had some lil dude rescues in shocking condition and used Eagle Pack and BARF

The results have been better than my own dogs who are on BARF and Advance turkey and Rice.....the results are astonishing!

I receive no perks besides the joy of seeing dogs in shocking states improve so dramatically and quickly......you can see the difference in 2 weeks., in most dogs.

ive decided to keep my two on nutrience...

they are healthy, and the vets happy, so why change now?

I agree that probably the lady at the petshop is getting a cut from eaglepack...

well she can stock my nutrience or ill go elsewehere to get it.

Of course the petshop is making money on the Eaglepack, they would be making money out of any brand they sell.

We sell Eaglepack because we believe in its quality, it is what we feed all our Boarders as well. Maybe its the same with your pet shop.

Guest wiser

You pet shop can order Nutrience in for you and yes they will make money on it, same as any other brand of food they sell. That's why they are in business.

Thanks for the link Chuckie. I am ordering a bag of performance Eagle Pack now. I have been trying to get Eagle Pack for god knows how long, but without any success! My dogs are BARF fed, but my Whippet is too skinny and needs some weight on him, and my Boxer pup seems to maintain more weight when he is fed some dry as well, so I believe the performance variety would probably do my two good as a small portion of their diet! :thumbsup: