Puts My Feeding Time To Shame

teekay

Love the videos :) I also teach my dogs that they cannot bother each other while eating. I supervise while they are learning and either block them or give a simple "uh uh" if they move to the other dogs' bowl. Once the bowls are empty they are allowed to go investigate.

my last litter of puppies had chicken necks for lunch from around 5 weeks of age. They learnt very quickly to sit around me in a semi circle and stay there as I handed them each a chicken neck, with tongs!, until they were all gone. I tried to video tape it but it was a bit hard on my own and didn't think of doing it until I was down to only 3 pups. It was much more impressive with 8 :laugh:

Wouldn't the dogs at the top of the pecking order finish their food and then go scout out what's in the other dogs' bowl because they're entitled to it? (ie. usually the pack leader eats first and then when it's done, THEN the rest of the pack take turns in order)

Not always. In our house Indy is higher in the pecking order than Kira and she always submits to him but he knows he is not allowed to interfere with her food and she would never ever do it to him either.

Once they have both finished they swap and lick each other bowls but only after the dog who was eating out of it has moved away of their own accord.

Wouldn't the dogs at the top of the pecking order finish their food and then go scout out what's in the other dogs' bowl because they're entitled to it? (ie. usually the pack leader eats first and then when it's done, THEN the rest of the pack take turns in order)

Not always. In our house Indy is higher in the pecking order than Kira and she always submits to him but he knows he is not allowed to interfere with her food and she would never ever do it to him either.

Once they have both finished they swap and lick each other bowls but only after the dog who was eating out of it has moved away of their own accord.

Sounds like my house.

They will always swap, but Kokoda who always finishes first will just sit back and wait for deniki.

As for a feeding time.... try this many

That is CRAZY!!!! How do they monitor all those dogs at once to step in if they need to break up a scuffle?! Yeesh! I guess those dogs are legit working dogs and not show dogs otherwise they'd have nicks and scars all over them...?