Feeling Helpless - Lost/stolen Pup

Remarkabull

I just found out that one of the pups I bred is missing. Owner came home to find him gone and his containment collar in the driveway (they live rural). I think he's probably been stolen and I'm so worried about him.

He is microchipped and has distinctive markings so would be easy to identify but if someone has taken him because they want a nice dog without paying for one or so they can use him for breeding then they will keep him hidden and its unlikely he'll be found.

We've shared on FB and lost and found sites. I've also asked the local Newspaper to share it on their FB page. Not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

:( Maybe share a photo and the general region that the owner lives in here, people in all areas and doggy people tend to notice other dogs and if he ends up out of the area someone might spot him on a completely different non-local FB page.

Edited to ad the link to my facebook page where you can pick up the facebook request for help and share it to any places that might be able to help:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004016017631

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Saturate all forms of media in the whole state.

Two Rotties were stolen and their story was shared on here - one was pregnant. They ended up being returned and the belief was they just got too hot.

Have you created a Facebook group/page? Share the link here so we can get sharing

Can you name one of the local facebook page the post is on so I can share it? I checked Louise's personal page but her settings are up very high(fair enough :) ) and it's not accessible from there to share so I'd love to share it if possible

Darwin Buy and Sell is one of the pages. I've posted on a few of them as Louise was having trouble doing it on her phone.

Queensland Lost Pet Register is another FB site I'd post to. They have helped find lost dogs in NSW. They have a large "follow" base so it may work for NT.

The image won't save as a photo file for me and uploads too small as a photo in FB for any of the information or markings to be clearly seen. Darwin buy and sell is a closed page so the image can't be shared from there either. Are you able to ask the owner to put the photo and post up as public on her page and then we can share from there. If she only changes the settings for the one post it will be the only one we can see.

Edited by Ams

I don't know if you know about this but there was a dog lost last year named Maisey in Sydney. Her owner created a Facebook page and had about a thousand people putting flyers up and looking for her all over. They found her.

Anyway to get to the point they have a page called please help find maisey. They will share your photo and info if you post it to the page, in turn their followers will hopefully share too. May help get the word to a few more people. Good luck!!!

(I dont know how to share the link).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Kelpiecuddles, I had ducked away from the computer. When you upload a photo or make any comment on FB you have the ability to make it as public or limit the audience to friends, friends but not acquaintances, friends except restricted or even nominate only specific people. If you look at where you posted the pic on your page, underneath is the time the photo has been there and then a grey circle. If you click on that circle it gives you options for how widely you wish to share.

I have shared from your FB page to my rescue page.