Gsd Food

Yup...Bronx was at last weight in which was only about two weeks ago, but he seems to be in mid growth spurt again which is fun to watch..lol. He was 11kg at 8 weeks, lol..he was just this furry ball of big feet :laugh:

If you crop and 'resize' the pic's it should work, even do it in increments will they show up as under 40k...if that doesn't work email me the pic's and i'll have a crack at them when i get home tonight :D

My local vet thought Diesel was big when I brought him in at 10 weeks and thought he was going to be big, I knew he was actually small (not the biggest in the litter and continued that way). A lot of people pick him for younger than he is because of his size - he is just a small one! Which is interestesting because his breeder does get a lot of bigger dogs (some smaller ones occasionally though). His lack of size does not bother me - I'm only 5 foot anyway!

:D At the expo most people just assumed Bronx was fully grown, but they asked his age anyway and were usually fairly stunned when told he was only 8 months :laugh: it was funny to watch the reactions tho..lol

Oh my....he is just adorable. So fluffy! Most of my first weeks photo's of Bear are all in print, not digital as I only just got married in March and the camera was still full of honeymoon shots that I hadn't had time to burn onto cd's yet, so I wa relegated to the old film camera.

I will have to scan some in so I can share them with you. I do however have a shot of his second bath. I must say, he is definatly not a fan of the bath!

post-22-1114141813.jpg

U just gotta love them ears, Alibear, lol

A GSD at maximum weight should be 40kg. I did have a oversized 68cm dog, in lean condition, weigh 45kg, that is way oversized. GSD's used to Medium size, you don't see that much these days.

My boy is 40kg, at 2.5 years of age, 65.5 cm and large boned. Growing dogs too fast is no good for the skeletal system

wow kitkat bronx is a big boy zac is only 30kg & 8mths old

I must admit that I had him too FAT & was pointed in the right direction ( thank god for breeders) I find it hard to judge their weight having the long hair I have to look more carefully,now the poor boy is watched closely.

Heres zac as a baby fluff ball,he was gorgeous & still is ha ha

spice :laugh:

post-22-1114208615.jpg

Hi Spice

I remember Zac's deminishing waist line and I wasn't his breeder :laugh: So glad Zac has trimmed down, keeping him a bitter leaner, will see him head into mid to old age all that bit sounder.

My boy that was 45kg and 68cm, was quite a rolly polly as a youngster. I was given advice from an eldery breeder of "nothing like lovely fat babies to give them something to grow into" and unfortunately, he developed Pano at 7 months of age, combined with his kamokazing off our then unfenced verandah, left him injuring his elbow and took some TLC to get him right. It didn't effect later in life but pained me to see my baby hobbling around the place at just 7 months. These days I try to keep my pups leaner, not skinny, but not roly poly :D

Edited by holly

And I thought Oliver was heavy at 7 months and 37kg but he is now nearly 10 months and still at 37 kg. When he was about 6 months I reduced him from the high protien puppy food to adult food. :thumbsup:

Since Kimmy went to the kennels 10 days ago and he has been missing her he has actually shed a few kilos. But I am sure he will find them again hopefully we pick her up tomorrow yay.

Spice - what a gorgeous pup! He is just adorable. I now what you mean about growing fast. I only noticed on the weekend just how much Bear has grown and I haven't even had him all that long. He is 13 weeks old now and is around 10kg.

I have had him now for over a month and he has just grown so much. He doesn't look so much like a pup anymore, more like a little boy going through puperty! But still gorgeous all the same!