Auslink Dogs Nsw

sheena

Google bought up this:

http://www.agilitynsw.com.au/page_57.html

Auslink is a postal novelty series using ANKC Trials rules with the following exceptions:

Competitors will only negotiate the course once, if competing at more than one club only the first course run will count. Date Course run to be shown on result score sheet.

A responsible club member may do the primary judging. With a relief judge taking over, if the primary Judge also wishes to participate.

Timing to be done by a timing steward not the (course judge).

Auslink courses are to be designed as a twenty obstacle course. The course set is to be of a standard equivalent to that of the Open Class consequently, it will be mandatory to include the Weaving Poles in a Jumping course.

The Auslink course will be differentiated from a normal Open Course in that there will be no Distance Handling Challenge in the course.

Yes it is an interclub competition, held by some ANKC affiliated agility clubs, but not a 'proper' ANKC trial. My club holds a 'mock' trial once a month under trial conditions, and sometimes these trials are Auslink ones. There is a running pointscore for each club throughout the year.

It is a competition that is run Australia wide across a large number of clubs. You do not need to be a member of the club running it to participate. There is a club component (most successful club awards taken from the top 3 competitors from that club over the year) but also an individual component (based on all 4 runs throughout the year). Every state runs the exact same course and the points are accumulated over the period of 12 months. It is made up of 2 x agility and 2 x jumping courses, usually designed by a judge in training and pretty flexible with who clubs choose to have judge on the night. I think entries are $2 per run, but could be wrong.

Caffy (Perth) won it with Snazzy a few years ago. She probably has more knowledge of it as nobody in Canberra runs it anymore so I have never actually participated.

It is a competition that is run Australia wide across a large number of clubs. You do not need to be a member of the club running it to participate. There is a club component (most successful club awards taken from the top 3 competitors from that club over the year) but also an individual component (based on all 4 runs throughout the year). Every state runs the exact same course and the points are accumulated over the period of 12 months. It is made up of 2 x agility and 2 x jumping courses, usually designed by a judge in training and pretty flexible with who clubs choose to have judge on the night. I think entries are $2 per run, but could be wrong.

Caffy (Perth) won it with Snazzy a few years ago. She probably has more knowledge of it as nobody in Canberra runs it anymore so I have never actually participated.

Thanks...one of our local clubs is putting on a mock trial & that is one of the entries. Is Snazzy still competing???/...I have a lovely photo of him on my wall, but I guess he would be getting a fair age now :(

The auslink course is available online and I think clubs may use the courses for their mock trials (without competitors officially entering the auslink competition as such). To actually enter the auslink it costs money and the results are tallied over the year.

Snazzy will be 8 next month (?) and yes, still competing :)