Bark Counting Collars- Where To Buy?

Cosmolo

http://www.barkcolla....au/c_bark.html

This company sells a bark limiter collar which has the capacity to count barks. It doesn't specify if there is the capacity to turn off the correction side and just use it as a count mechanism. The contact page has numerous contact people in a number of States including Victoria so it may be worth a phone call to ask. They also offer a rent/try/buy option.

Edited by Ams

It seems a number of Councils in Qld use them. I'm happy to give a couple a call tomorrow and see if they will say where they obtained them from if you'd like.

you can use an app on your iphone. i don't know if there is one specifically, but you could use one of those ones that records snoring or something similar?

I imagine that would be more cost effective :) You'd just have to leave your phone for a day, which for some would be very hard! :laugh:

BCC - couldn't or wouldn't tell me.

Ipswich - Stated they were unable to provide information of the brand they use or the supplier due to issues with "promoting" the brand/supplier?

Caloundra - Stated they have never used them despite press releases to the contrary.

Logan & Gold Coast - Ringing me back apparently. I will let you know if they do.

I rang some of the companies I'd found and the ones that have stim included can only be turned down to a vibration level not off altogether so would not be suitable.

Okay one Council has rung back. They use the Premier brand ones and sourced them from the US. They are the $60 ones. The Council chose to use these as they record data in "real time" whereas apparently the ABS ones which are Australian, you have to note down what time you turned it on and when you turn it off as it "zeros" the time when switched on.

One of our Honours students used these for his project last year. He compared the results of the ABS and Premier ones and found no appreciable differences in accuracy, although the ABS ones are supposed to be more accurate in multi-dog households as the mic faces in, instead of out.

Most councils he was working with already had their own, but the ones he bought were ordered online and were a similar price to the link Sway put up.