Managing Entire Male And Female

I live in suburbia and have never had stray dogs at my gate when I have had a bitch in season. Just never happened.

I've only ever had that one bitch that came into season, but she certainly managed to spray her perfume right out into the neighbourhood. Any other bitches I've had were desexed well before they came into season.

My mum and dad kept Corgis when I was very young. One day mum was taking the washing out to hang on the line and our in season bitch got between her legs and raced out into the yard. By the time mum realised what had happened, put the washing basket down and run down the stairs, the next door mutt was over the fence and having his wicked way with her. Mum was beside herself because it was a decent sized dog. Fortunately, she wasn't pregnant either. I think that was probably slightly different circumstances than mine because that male dog was in close proximity generally anyway, so he was probably slathering about her all the time

I live in suburbia and have never had stray dogs at my gate when I have had a bitch in season. Just never happened.

Neither have I but I was very careful to never walk a bitch in season through my front yard or around my area. To walk, they were placed in the car in the back yard or carried to it if it was in the front yard, driven to secluded park and walked there. The process was reversed when I brought them home. The only days they missed being walked were the key days when the dogs told me they were spot on.

Think it comes down to luck or lack of it.

That male amstaff at the back of us at Stafford, could have walked over that fence if he was inclined to. Even with my own entire male there. I have not had a hard time keeping them separate or locking them up. I don't take any unnecessary risks either. During the key days, both my boy and my bitch are locked up - the last picture show why.

Bitch's box #1

post-430-0-66003600-1397192740_thumb.jpeg

Bitch's box #2

post-430-0-87063900-1397192778_thumb.jpeg post-430-0-36224000-1397192785_thumb.jpeg

Back of bitches box #2 when boy is allowed to be out. This is why mine are all on concrete or pavers....

post-430-0-35149900-1397192563_thumb.jpg