So .. You Want A New Camera? Confused ? Inexperienced?

persephone

I hope this might help :) disclaimer - I am NOT a professional photographer , or technical ; I have skimmed thru these pages - have no claim to any of them ..and do not know just how reliable they are ( but they seem to be readable ) ;)

How to buy a Digital Camera

DSLR or point & Shoot ?

Find photos on flickr taken with your preferred camera!!

5 things to consider before buying a DSLR

"Bridge" cameras - the inbetweeners :)

How to take good photos with your DSLR

some point & shoot techniques

and , of course ...

10 steps to photographing pets

photographing pets

..and being a simple soul , enjoying the basics .. iPhoneography 101 ( iphone photography school) ..a site I DO visit :)

a couple of examples from me :

iPhone - Black Dog , DON

10151210_10152051315549007_4738809920649380026_n.jpg

1012238_10151894626054007_1050624062_n.jpgDSLR (old pentax) with a 30 yr old manual lens :)

have fun researching and planning ..and whichever camera you choose, think of this .

;)

You put your camera around your neck in the morning, along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you. The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.

One can never have too many sources of information... you take what you need and remember where the rest is for when you need it later... lol!

This is mostly Canon biased, but awesome info nonetheless...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=414088

T.

Oh my. I have a new favourite forum! I've already wasted many hours surfing through the "Photo sharing" section. So many fabulous photos. Boy oh boy do I have some work to do before I would be willing to post a photo on that site.

Thanks T! What a great site