Baiting In Victoria

persephone

</h1>

<h1>Aerial baiting to begin in Victoria

DEPI will begin aerial baiting of wild dogs at six sites from May 2014. Aerial baiting will provide an additional element to wild dog management in Victoria, complementing on-ground measures such as baiting, trapping and shooting.

Aerial baiting of wild dogs will take place at six sites in East Gippsland and North East Victoria.

Approval was granted by the Australia Government in March 2014 to commence aerial bating in Victoria. This followed the submission of additional information supporting the application and a 20-day public consultation required under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. Details on this consultation are available on our Invasive Plants and Animals consultations and reviews page .

Part of the plan

Victoria has a five-year plan for managing wild dogs. The plan is based on a coordinated approach involving the Victorian Government, landholders, the livestock industry and local communities.

Action plan for managing wild dogs in Victoria

Aerial baiting is just one control technique and it complements other on-ground measure including the successful Fox and wild dog bounty.

from here :

http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/agriculture-and-food/pests-diseases-and-weeds/pest-animals/wild-dogs/aerial-bating-to-begin-in-victoria

I have a friend out in one of the areas and she was informed, I think, by something in the letterbox.

Wish they'd be more upfront though on where they are doing it. How hard would it be to actually list the areas on their site?

I am fairly sure that this is what killed Brock. I could never work out how he could possibly have got the bait as the neighbors wouldn't have used any being market gardeners. Then this year in my local paper I read that they were putting bait in a reserve about 7kms from my house. I can only assume that a fox or bird dropped it on my land. :(

I would be having a fit if I lived near these bait areas.