Gah, I Think I'm A Puppy Tragic!

My next puppy isn't even conceived yet, nor will it be most likely for at least another 6 months or so. but every day, usually more than once I spend much time contemplating my new pup, what's s/he'll look like, how I'll train and whether we will get the boy we are hoping for. I feel like I'm clucky for a new baby :laugh:

Figure this is the only place I can really share my irrational need for my new puppy that doesn't exist yet without sounding like a total weirdo LOL. Most people I know in real life would just tell me to look in the paper and buy one but i keep explaining to them why I won't do that!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hoped it will be show potential but I'm actually not that interested in showing, will campaign the dog as I think that's what the breeder would like but I'm more interested in training for trailing so if he's no good as a show dog in the end it doesn't matter :)

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Nothing is set in stone of course but we were offered one from the last litter and declined as the timing wasn't right and once again we have been contacted to see if we would be keen for one from this planned litter. :) So as long as everything goes well with the litter we should be OK :)

And as he knows we are be very patient so if something happens and she doesn't fall or whatever then he knows we will wait for the next litter how ever long that may be :)

Edited by kelpiecuddles

What's your problem WIW? If you don't like the thread just don't read it. I thought others might share similiar things regarding puppies they are planning for or maybe people might just, shock horror, SMILE. But we wouldn't want anyone smiling on DOL would we?

The wait will make it all the more rewarding when it finally comes to fruition!

Working in a shelter and sending people home with their new adoptees, I'm constantly reminded how exciting it is to bring home a new dog or puppy and I keep being jealous coz it will be a while before I get another of my own :)

In his words, "There could be some very promising puppies in this litter, especially if you like tricolours" I know who the parents are to be and they are both stunning tris :)

I'm so happy for you. Josie is a gorgeous girl, imagine two Josies! So excitement! Will this one be accredited in therapy as well?

What's your problem WIW? If you don't like the thread just don't read it. I thought others might share similiar things regarding puppies they are planning for or maybe people might just, shock horror, SMILE. But we wouldn't want anyone smiling on DOL would we?

Ignore the killjoys. Puppies are exciting! Especially ones that have been planned for so long. The excitement just builds up! And basset puppies are adorable!

ohhh goodie so it could be like 18 months of this

post-42249-0-90569700-1403346337_thumb.jpg

Kelpiecuddles thats so exciting!

I am a bit puppy clucky at the moment too.. but wont be getting one for a few years now. I have my hands full with 3.