Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

We will be picking up Henry around this time next week... can't wait! Infact we should nearly be home from the breeders around this time.

It has been a rather different house since Fraser has passed in mid-September. Have dealt with his passing and have come to terms with it yet his ashes still remain in a small wooden box overlooking the living room and kitchen.

The puppy stage seems a bit scary again - but I think we will both be looking forward to the challenges that will arise - and the differences that Henry will show us, we are not expecting the same puppy or dog that Fraser was.

Will be sure to post pictures (and maybe a Youtube video???) when Henry arrives home.

Regards, Shaun (Sticks1977) and Gaylene :flame:

We will be picking up Henry around this time next week... can't wait! Infact we should nearly be home from the breeders around this time.

It has been a rather different house since Fraser has passed in mid-September. Have dealt with his passing and have come to terms with it yet his ashes still remain in a small wooden box overlooking the living room and kitchen.

The puppy stage seems a bit scary again - but I think we will both be looking forward to the challenges that will arise - and the differences that Henry will show us, we are not expecting the same puppy or dog that Fraser was.

Will be sure to post pictures (and maybe a Youtube video???) when Henry arrives home.

Regards, Shaun (Sticks1977) and Gaylene :)

Ooh I remember reading about Fraser, so sad

We lost our beloved Labrador Holly in April last year and got our new pup in August, bit sooner than expected but I fell in love with her.

Is Henry another Labrador?

Hello fellow waiters !! :D

We too are waiting for a puppy, have been waiting for nearly a year for her, and of course it was never confirmed that we would get one until they were born last month! But alas, there was a girl for us, so I am sooo excited !!

We are getting a Collie Rough, they are few & far between in Brisbane, so luckily we found a wonderful breeder, then waited for the process for the girl to come in to heat, get mated, confirm pregnany then have the litter - so its been great being apart of it from the very beginning! Although the wait seems to have lasted forever ! :laugh: The pups were 7 weeks old earlier this week, and we are picking her up on Sat 30th jan - so 8.5wks :thumbsup:

We are so excited, but like you, scared of the puppy stage too! :thumbsup: When we got Zorro, he was 15wks old, so its a bit of a difference from having an 8wk old in the house, so the process is quite daunting sometimes, and I want to make sure we are doing all the right things !!

We have everything ready for her at home, lots of toys, food, bedding, leash etc - now just need the puppy! :eek:

I have called her Leilani (Hawaiian for Heavenly Blossom) - but we will call her Lani ! :o

Will post a pic shortly! :D

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, though I've been lurking for awhile. :cry:

Ah...or not! Now we're expecting just one male staffy in the beginning of March. A gorgeous little black guy. :laugh:

Edited by FD26

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, though I've been lurking for awhile. :cry:

We've just put a deposit down on two staffies (both males), and they'll be coming in about a month! We're very excited here. We lost our staffy tragically in december, and we've really missed the company. It took a bit of thinking about whether we could deal with another one (didn't want to replace him!) but now we've found the right dogs for us. :laugh:

Two Staffy males.. .are they both pups? Have you considered the very real possibility that they won't get on as they mature?

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, though I've been lurking for awhile. :(

We've just put a deposit down on two staffies (both males), and they'll be coming in about a month! We're very excited here. We lost our staffy tragically in december, and we've really missed the company. It took a bit of thinking about whether we could deal with another one (didn't want to replace him!) but now we've found the right dogs for us. :mad

Two Staffy males.. .are they both pups? Have you considered the very real possibility that they won't get on as they mature?

Yes, and we plan on taking all steps to minimise that. :( I've just written another thread about that...

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, though I've been lurking for awhile. :(

We've just put a deposit down on two staffies (both males), and they'll be coming in about a month! We're very excited here. We lost our staffy tragically in december, and we've really missed the company. It took a bit of thinking about whether we could deal with another one (didn't want to replace him!) but now we've found the right dogs for us. :(

Yes, and we plan on taking all steps to minimise that. :laugh: I've just written another thread about that...

And I've answered in it. I still don't get why you'd want to have two dogs that potentially can NEVER be together. :mad

aww how old are they how excited you must be i cant wait for mine but at the moment everything is just a waiting game.

knowing he will come but not knowing when hehe

im getting a staffy too :mad

They're 4 weeks, so 4 more to go! :( It's torture, isn't it? We've been looking for a few weeks now, and you just want them right away!

aww how old are they how excited you must be i cant wait for mine but at the moment everything is just a waiting game.

im getting a staffy too :mad

They're 4 weeks, so 4 more to go! :( It's torture, isn't it? We've been looking for a few weeks now, and you just want them right away!

aww tiny babies.

yes so bad trying to hold my excitement in is well just dosent happen lol.

i looked into breeds for about a month before doing the whole research on the staffy breed i have had 2 staffys in the past *loved them* but i was younger then and forget everything so re looked at everything then found some lovely breeders now just have to wait...... so hard.

do you have names picked out im getting a male too

Im waiting for my pup, 5 weeks to go and hes all mine, met the breeders 2 weeks before birth and i go and visit the pups every week. Hes an Amstaff, and a chunky bubba at that, i think 503grams at birth, im going to go see him tonight, apparantly they are all up and walking now so i cant wait.

Im waiting for my pup, 5 weeks to go and hes all mine, met the breeders 2 weeks before birth and i go and visit the pups every week. Hes an Amstaff, and a chunky bubba at that, i think 503grams at birth, im going to go see him tonight, apparantly they are all up and walking now so i cant wait.

awww how exciting for you yay dose he have a name?

im getting a staffy too :heart:

They're 4 weeks, so 4 more to go! :sleep: It's torture, isn't it? We've been looking for a few weeks now, and you just want them right away!

aww tiny babies.

yes so bad trying to hold my excitement in is well just dosent happen lol.

i looked into breeds for about a month before doing the whole research on the staffy breed i have had 2 staffys in the past *loved them* but i was younger then and forget everything so re looked at everything then found some lovely breeders now just have to wait...... so hard.

do you have names picked out im getting a male too

We don't yet! Knowing us it will take us ages to pick a name for him. My son's keen on "Zero" lol, but I don't know about that..

I used to be a fan of cattle dogs, but my partner's converted me...I don't think I've ever been so in love with a breed as I am with staffies. :curtsey: