Reported Poisonings In Canberra

Not sure where to put this but I thought canberra people should be aware.

Animal emergency centre and Lost Pet database have reported 2 separate incidents of suspected poisonings today. So far I can only find facebook information.

Suspected poisonings have occurred in the Charnwood area with up to 4 dogs reported to have died. Ratbait is the suspected cause.

Also in Bonner, baited meatballs were thrown into a dogs yard- luckily the owner saw and the dog is ok. There have been other reports of poisonings in this area as well. It looks like snail bait was used in this case.

Please keep an eye on your pets, and report any suspicious behaviour.

https://www.facebook.com/aeccanberra

https://www.facebook.com/CanberraLostPetDabase

What a psycho! Glad they've got him though.

The penalty doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent though...

Under the Crimes ACT 1900, anyone who leaves poison that endangers or is unlikely to endanger the life of a domestic animal faces a maximum penalty of $1000 and imprisonment for 6 months.

What a psycho! Glad they've got him though.

The penalty doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent though...

Under the Crimes ACT 1900, anyone who leaves poison that endangers or is unlikely to endanger the life of a domestic animal faces a maximum penalty of $1000 and imprisonment for 6 months.

I thought the same. I'll cheer myself up with the thought that there are a lot of blokes that like dogs in prison. :)

Edited by Haredown Whippets

wonder if he was the same guy that was doing the baiting's around charnwood area? i sure hope there isn't more then one of these people around :(

I really hope so! Charnwood is too close for comfort.