Can Someone Help This Pom Asap Before She Gets In Wrong Hands

Guest donatella

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who give away their dogs or sell them on sites like Gumtree or Facebook pages generally - not always - but generally don't care about what happens to the dog. They don't care that they could send the dog to a puppy mill - possibly because they bought the dog online in the first place - or backyard breeder - because it's "not my business" if the next owner wants to breed with the dog. Sheesh. It's ridiculous. These sorts of people have no idea of the scale of the problem and they are usually the ones that go off and get another BYB or factory-bred pup.

There are also a number of people calling themselves "rescuers" when they are in fact on-selling entire dogs and pups at a profit in the guise of rescue. They have also been known to use the animals they claim to save as breeders and sell litter after litter. I know of several...it's sad and it gives genuine rescuers a bad reputation. However it's not illegal...and as the saying goes, "you can't fix stupid," so I try to let people know the ways to minimise the risk of their give-away or dog for sale falling into the wrong hands and I try to educate buyers as to what to look for and avoid. But it's a losing battle.

This might help anyone who takes on the task of helping or educating people rehoming your dog.

Honestly, many people still haven't heard of anyone other than the RSPCA or the pound.

They believe their pet will die if taken to a shelter or pound so they then take up the task of rehoming privately. Being pushy naturally makes them push back.

They also believe that rescue will make money from their pet.

Link above is not a completely original work and largely gathered from the internet so cut/paste/copy/alter or whatever you need to do to make it work. Keep it polite and non threatening. :)

Just leave my rescue inquiry details and email off the bottom please unless it's my breed specific.

Countrygirl. Yes sadly you are right about bogus or unethical rescue. And plenty of money changing hands with no records. Not a lot you can do.

Edited by Powerlegs