Sore Back

Georgia isn't feeling well and the vet thinks she has hurt her back.

She's been given a dose of Metacam but is still shaking and it's been 2 hours.

She's a very wussy dog so I can't tell if she's just in shock or whether she's still in pain.

I've taken her cushioning away and she's just laying on her snooza bed as she couldn't get comfortable with all the 'fluff' she likes to sleep with. It was too soft for her.

Is there anything I can do at home to help her? She's got a coat on and is next to the fire. I'm thinking of chucking some blankets over her but it's so hot already we are wearing t shirts.

Good idea cNr. She has meds for 5 days to help ease the pain. Unless she gets worse in the mean time.

TSD I have no idea. As far as I know she hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. When I saw her I initially thought she had eaten something as she was shaking, crying and licking her lips with bits of drool. She was inside and couldn't get comfortable because her bed was to soft.

She has been doing something though as she smells rank, and is filthy.

She can walk fine but she couldn't get into the car although she tried.

However it's not unusual as most of the time she makes me lift her in. She's a bit on the lazy side.

As soon as I put her collar on and said we were going to the vet she was at the car in a flash. And she perked up once we were there. She's probably the only dog happy to see someone who sticks things up your backside.

She's resting easy now. The fire is roaring away keeping her warm. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow.

Gawd what a sad dog. Just snapped this pic of her.

post-15010-0-27114800-1405037872_thumb.jpg

Last night I was doubtful I was going to be able to keep her quiet for the next few days but this morning she has only gone out for breakfast and a pee. The farrier is here doing the horses and usually she would be out there supervising.

ETA The bad thing is that she smells rank. I really want to wash her and her bed as well.

Edited by perrin

False alarm. She's feeling better.

I ended up making her a tent out of an old trundle bed mattress. It looks ridiculous but seems to be affective. She's gone to sleep.

NEVER a false alarm if the dog is not reacting as usual, imho.

Far better to be concerned and proactive.

Hope your baby recovers well.

:D

Gawd what a sad dog. Just snapped this pic of her.

post-15010-0-27114800-1405037872_thumb.jpg

Last night I was doubtful I was going to be able to keep her quiet for the next few days but this morning she has only gone out for breakfast and a pee. The farrier is here doing the horses and usually she would be out there supervising.

ETA The bad thing is that she smells rank. I really want to wash her and her bed as well.

The poor sweetie probably feels quite sore. She looks very comfortable in that tent setup you made for her. Are you off to the vet with her today? Will you please update us later?

Well she's definitely feeling better. She's begging to go out for a run. I could feel eyes on me and when I turned around....

post-15010-0-37605700-1405055604_thumb.jpg

her best pleading face. :scold:

I caved and gave her a quick wash under the shower. I couldn't stand the smell anymore. :vomit:

cNr I will update if there are any changes however I'm inclined to agree with the vet and think she just needs rest for the next few days and go from there.