Samoyed Rescue?

We currently have a male Samoyed at work at the moment we are looking to transfer to rescue. He has some neurological deficits which would need further workup/diagnosis as the original owner hasn't given us any indication of what's causing it, aside from "he's always done that" - head tilting, off-balance, circling while walking. Seems to wax and wane with stress, and has 'settled' down since he arrived a few weeks ago. He's a gorgeous boy, seems dog social (not cat tested yet) and quite sweet.

I've chatted to ABR, who are currently full, and have tried to get in contact with AMRA and the Samoyed Club without success so far - any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance :) He's located in south Sydney area NSW

Seems to wax and wane with stress, and has 'settled' down since he arrived a few weeks ago. He's a gorgeous boy, seems dog social (not cat tested yet) and quite sweet.

Poor boy, so glad he is with you now. A few years ago, I minded a little dog who was brain damaged and stressed to the max just about all the time. I used Rescue Remedy in her water and this did improve. With your boy, you might be able to put it in food or directly on his tongue.

Hi, I run the NSW Samoyed website and haven't received any email about this boy, did you send us an email via the site? If it's not working I'll have a look into it. This is our site: http://www.nswsamoyedclub.com/

The best way to contact the NSW Samoyed Rescue people is to message them via their FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/NSW-Samoyed-Club-Rescue/183854921771676?fref=ts

If you can't get through did you want to PM me your details and I can pass them on myself. I'll also alert the rescue people about this post.

Hi Bjelkier I've just sent a PM via Facebook so hopefully that goes through. I think maybe I was looking at an old version of your website - I called a number listed on there who directed me to a Mel with 2 phone numbers that I've left messages on the last few days. My work email was playing up today so didn't get a chance to shoot anything through unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to all involved :) Milo went to NSW Samoyed Breed Club Rescue last weekend, where he was continue to be assessed and rehabilitated and depending on his response to treatment, be placed for adoption as a special-needs boy down the track!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh! I saw him on the NSW Samoyed Club rescue section on FB. So happy to see he has a home, yippee! From what I read (posted on 21 August) he was still looking for a home

Milo is now available for adoption, we will be reviewing applications this week.

Or has some wire got crossed at some point?

Because of his neurological condition, he wasnt available for adoption until they had done some further testing to identify exactly what the problem was. He was sent into foster care with a local family (who I recognised from their cheeky Sammy being impound a few months ago!) in the interim. I'm glad he's been approved to adoption now and will hopefully find his new forever home soon :thumbsup: