Friend Wants A Small(ish) Dog To Adopt-> Update

Found one! http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/313935.

I phoned the contact number and had a chat to Margaret, Mia's minder. Colleen is in town until this afternoon but I managed to contact her and have sent her the link and info (the forms to fill out).

Mia is in Newcastle and Colleen's daughter said they would drive straight down there if they were allowed to adopt her.

Does any DOLer here have anything to do with Newcastle Dog Rescue?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any DOLer here have anything to do with Newcastle Dog Rescue?

I'm impressed with the detailed & honest descriptions they give on their website. They provide the kind of information that would help make good matches.

Just updating: little Mia is not really suitable for my friend as she may not get on too well with Colleen's daughter's Tibbie, it seems that Mia is not too happy with other dogs.

I agree with Mita that the description is honest as was Mia's foster-carer. Top Marks Newcastle Dog Rescue website for making it very clear to prospective adopters.

Now it's back to looking again! :)

J

I agree with Mita that the description is honest as was Mia's foster-carer. Top Marks Newcastle Dog Rescue website for making it very clear to prospective adopters.

Absolutely, Boronia. It's websites like Newcastle Dog Rescue's that I show people who are thinking of adopting a rescue dog. One of the greatest benefits of checking with rescues like that, is how well they've come to know a dog's nature & needs via fostering in home situations. This allows best humanly possible matching,

Yep, honestly is the best policy :)

Let's keep looking!! Has she contacted Pam at Tibbie club of Vic to register interest? They do tibbie rescue and keep a list of people looking. May be worth making contact?

Maybe worth letting PAWS or some of the others that frequently have tibbies in, also?

Edited by Tibbie_tabbie

Mita has given me another lead with a breeder so they have contacted her, they are also going to Durack on Sunday as there is an 'All Breeds' show on...maybe there will be Tibbies.

Here is a photo of Magic, Colleen's daughter's little one (I cut the person out of the photo)

She (Magic) is being held/cuddled

post-26505-0-92493900-1408608862_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of Magic,

post-26505-0-92493900-1408608862_thumb.jpg

Magic is one of the prettiest black & white Tibbies I've seen. :)

That's how I got my first tibbie. I went to that same Durack show & spoke to breeders in person. A Qld breeder who'd been considering retiring an adult female to a good pet home, decided we were the kind of people she wanted. Like a number of breeders, they don't advertise...but wait for the genuine enquiries.

The best reference Colleen has is that gorgeous, much loved Magic who's already in the family. :thumbsup:

My first tibbie, Angel, on the day I first saw her at Durack: (click enlarge):

post-3304-0-65606900-1408665416_thumb.jpg

Our neighbours' pet tibbie, Brockie, who came from the same Qld breeder (his muzzle was a bit too long for showing). He was a real man's dog. Loved his dad:

post-3304-0-13052800-1408665728_thumb.jpg

A sample of the lovely Tibbies that Denise at PAWS in Sydney has rescued. A pair of girls, Thelma & Louise (long gone to a good home):

post-3304-0-94246100-1408666110_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita

• 2 weeks later...

Success, I have edited my first post to show there is this update

Update:

My friends heard that a breeder may have an older Tibbie (Lizzie) for rehoming, They contacted the breeder and went to visit, and to be checked out as the prospective owners that Lizzie may deign to spend the rest of her life with.

All went well, (Magic, Colleen's daughter's Tibbie was taken on the visit as well)

Lizzie has just been desexed and vaccinated so they will need to wait a week or so before going to her new home.

Lizzie is from Tibetansun at Regency Downs

I have emailed Mita (thank you Tx for pointing me to the very helpful Mita) with the good news, she had some excellent suggestions so she may add to this thread with more info about Tibetansun Tibbies

Soooooo...excellent news :thumbsup:

a couple of not-very-good photos of Lizzie

post-26505-0-31021500-1409867503_thumb.jpg

post-26505-0-45633000-1409867526_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boronia

The Tibbie Search has now outgrown the Rescue Forum! :) Tibetansun, in Qld, are the registered breeders of top purebreds! One of theirs won Best of Breed at Sydney Royal. I think they beautifully socialize their puppies/dogs, too. Sydney couple got a baby puppy from them...& they were gobsmacked how people friendly/confident he was, with toilet training well started.

Boronia, you might like to swap the topic over to the Tibetan Breeds forum. Dying to get more news & pics of Lizzie. So are all the other tibbie tragics there. :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/106775-tibetan-breeds-lhasa-apsos-tibetan-spaniels/page__st__1680

Well done boronia. Your friend is lucky.

I have never seen a live Tibetan terrier. (I'm assuming a tibbie is a Tibetan terrier.) They look gorgeous. Those eyes!!! Do they need a lot of grooming and do they have any health issues?

No these dogs are Tibetan SPANIELS :)

Well done boronia. Your friend is lucky.

I have never seen a live Tibetan terrier. (I'm assuming a tibbie is a Tibetan terrier.) They look gorgeous. Those eyes!!! Do they need a lot of grooming and do they have any health issues?

Tibetan Spaniel is one dog breed

Tibetan Terrier is another breed

(I had to look it up myself a few weeks ago :D)

Tibetan Spaniel---> https://www.google.c...ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Tibetan Terrier (I like these better) --> https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=582

eta...I'll go over to the Tibbie forum when I get more piccies.

I would have adopted Dogmad's little one if it had been me but at least there is an older Tibbie that has found an excellent home

Edited by Boronia

Sorry for being dense but a tibbie is a Tibetan spaniel? Right?

Not dense at all.... but dead right. :)

Monika's Rescue in Sydney has a tibbie boy named Samson for adoption. He looks like he might be a 'not bred to show standard tibetan spaniel', rather than a mix. His personality of being a bit aloof at first... then sweet & loving when he's sussed you out, is tibbie-like.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/286801

Also Dogmad's Cleo has the tibbie eyes. My own tibbie is looking at me, with the same eyes. That sweet lady, Cleo, has a lot of tibbie in her.

Edited by mita

Thankyou Mita. They are gorgeous little dogs. I am not looking for a new dog atm, but maybe after Christmas.

It'll be a lucky little (or big!) dog, whatever it is or wherever it comes from. Dogs are so lucky to be adopted by dog savvy & caring people. :)