Post Surgery Exercise?

Yonjuro

Hiya

It has been exactly 7 days since Ronin had surgery for neutering including cryptorchidism. He has been recovering really well and didn't miss a meal (apart from the fasting) I have been giving him small walks for the last 4 days and feel his is busting to have a run with his mate at the park.

When do you think it would be okay for this?

Edited by Yonjuro

Thanks Perse

The stitches are hidden and don't need to be removed (according to the vet)

Still need to be careful with dissolving stitches 'there'.

Whilst it's a standard method, you would may be need to be aware that in the eagerness of 'play, Ronin might be bowled over & have a large paw in that tender area.

:eek:

Thanks VM

Yeah, I suppose another weeks rest will probably be safer. The looney has started doing the zoomies around the house at breakneck speed and he has started stealing things he shouldn't which is a good sign that he is getting back to his old self LOL

Earlier in the week

post-49154-0-25648400-1408083298_thumb.jpg

post-49154-0-50380700-1408083326_thumb.jpg

I would wait another week before allowing outdoor off lead zoomies. But some extra walks for enrichment would be beneficial- not sure if he likes his food but making a food trail for him to follow. Or treats hidden in cardboard boxes which he can then destroy.

What a lucky boy wearing jammies instead of a cone of shame!!

I would wait another week before allowing outdoor off lead zoomies. But some extra walks for enrichment would be beneficial- not sure if he likes his food but making a food trail for him to follow. Or treats hidden in cardboard boxes which he can then destroy.

What a lucky boy wearing jammies instead of a cone of shame!!

Cheers Jumabaar, yeah we will just try and give him enrichment in different ways.

An yep, the Medical Pet Shirt was a great find, I cannot recommend them enough, especially at around $26!

• 2 months later...

I'm in this position. Ernie has had 10 days of indoor enforced rest and minimal walks. He's going crazy. I'm counting the days till his stitches come out because I am going mad and so is he.

But I made a mistake with a previous dog and let them exercise too soon - burst stitches and an incontinent dog for life.