New Holistic Select

That's interesting, thanks for sharing. I am always on the lookout for foods with obscure ingredients for one of my dogs who has food sensitivities and very dodgy digestive system :( .

I do have to wonder how well dogs would digest lentils though, they are awefully high in fibre (the last thing my dog needs :eek: )

Excuse my ignorance sas but what is wrong with chicken fat and pork meal?

I got a couple of bags for my dogs, so far so good. My 'delicate' dog who is very sensitive to chicken and fish proteins has had no digestive problems at all :)

Excuse my ignorance sas but what is wrong with chicken fat and pork meal?

I got a couple of bags for my dogs, so far so good. My 'delicate' dog who is very sensitive to chicken and fish proteins has had no digestive problems at all :)

Because my dog is tested sensitive to chicken and pork on the Nutriscan test.

Thanks sas, I thought you were meaning there is something bad about those ingredients

Well Artificial flavour isn't awesome.

Each person will have what they like and don't like in a food :)

Chicken fat and pork meal are fine as long as your dog can tolerate it. One of my dogs has pancreatitis attack if she eats anything fatty so we won't be buying this what appears to be a good dog food.

How would NATURAL fish flavour be artificial?

Cavnrott, I would have assumed that animal fat (or in this case chicken) is in most if not all dry dog foods? This particular food from memory is 14% fat so I wouldn't call it fatty. I actually purchased some because I was looking for lower fat options for my little piggies :)

Lemonlime there are plenty of low fat dry dog foods. Weight loss foods are usually low in fat and most of the seniors food has a low fat content.

At 14% fat content would cause one of my dogs a pancreatitis attack. I feed raw 95% of the time but occasionally give them a good quality low fat dry food for their morning meal.