Dogs Travelling In Caravan?

kelpiecuddles

Out of curiosity(genuinely interested), apart from ventilation, etc which as I mentioned I would have altered the van to include, how do dog trailers differ in safety from a small well built caravan? Honestly not trying to be argumentative just don't know a lot about dog trailers so I was curious where the differences lay.

Unfortunately we don't really have anyone here I would trust. We have a lady who will be feeding our other animals for us but I don't want the dogs left alone 24/7 apart from feeding for nearly 2 weeks. All or no one in this family, our dogs always holiday with us and are used to ten hour days on the road and all sorts or things. Just a shame it's the small car that has to be moved and not the large car

LOL, it's not just the car and the van, it's actually moving from one side of the country to the other so there are people involved too, some things are being shipped but they pay him an allowance to move the car and van himself. Also it's a four day trip and we were going to do it over two weeks, so it was actually going to be a family holiday not just a straight run.

Doesn't matter though, such is life.

Unfortunately we don't really have anyone here I would trust. We have a lady who will be feeding our other animals for us but I don't want the dogs left alone 24/7 apart from feeding for nearly 2 weeks. All or no one in this family, our dogs always holiday with us and are used to ten hour days on the road and all sorts or things. Just a shame it's the small car that has to be moved and not the large car

We always planned our holidays around whether we could take our dogs with us, then my OH won a trip and we had to find another option. We met the most wonderful couple who were house sitting for our neighbour and knew the dogs would have the best of care with them. Not only did they dote on our dogs, the house was immaculate when we returned, and dinner was on the table. I will certainly have them back again :) They also kept us up to date on how the dogs were. If you can find the right people it's worth it.

BCC that's interesting about the stability control. I was behind a caravan a few weeks ago when I was driving home from Sydney and as you know the high wind areas on the F3 are pretty full on even for a car but this caravan was all over the shop coming down the massive hill to Mooney Mooney bridge. I could see all the brake lights and wondered what was going on, didn't help the dude was in the middle lane! I couldn't wait to get past it.

Yes Hazy, we have been behind folks towing vans & they are swaying around everywhere. It is very dangerous & frightening. It is really difficult towing a van especially if a big truck goes past or in high wind areas. Naturally there are also some idiot drivers that tow vans & go way to fast as well.

We decided to get the SC on this new van purely for saftey reasons & peace of mind. It is an extra & like everything else it is $$$$ but it is so worth it :)

Edited by BC Crazy