Melbourne Dog Boarding Kennels

Olex

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice/suggestions on which boarding kennels are the best in Melbourne. I am willing to drive a bit if they are good and going to look after my pup well. He will be there for about 2 weeks. I tried Mornington Lodge, but unfortunately they are fully booked for the Christmas period already.

Ideally, I'm looking for somewhere where he has access to an outside garden area as well as an indoor area - much like the 'Executive Suite' that Mornington Lodge has. Lots of playtime everyday would also be really great as he's very sociable.

If anyone has any experience with any of the following boarding places, it would be really great to hear your opinions:

- Dogs Country Club and Kennel Resort

- Dog Dayz (in Warandyte)

- Cottage Kennels (have read both good and bad things about this place)

It would be really great to hear your views and if you know of anywhere that's good, it would be great to hear about it!

Thanks!

Last year we gave Dishlickers in Pearcedale a go. They are Alaskan Malamute breeders also and would understand our girl.

They have an indoor enclosure at night. And depending on the weather, all the dogs are let out into individual runs during the day time. They start letting them out about 8am and start putting them back about 5pm.

They don't walk the dogs. I think my girl who was 10 months at the time, got enough stimulation running around in her pen alongside the other dogs around her. There is no communal play area. They don't let unknown dogs run together. So the dog is in their own run till they go in at night.

The outdoor runs are big and grassy, there is a shade sail and a kennel in the middle.

They will feed your dog Blackhawk kibble or what you are feeding. I am not sure if they do the whole raw thing though.

It was our first time kennelling a dog. She came back like she had never been away.

You'll need to book very quickly if you want to get a half decent place - most would be booked out by now in my experience.

Unfortunately that is what I am learning. I've tried Mornington Lodge and the Country Club Kennel and Resort so far and both are fully booked!

Does any one have any experience with Dog Dayz?

Hi everyone,

So I am now looking at perhaps a dog minder (someone who will look after him in their own home), and was wondering what you opinions are on this. I'm a bit worried about it but my partner seems to think its a good idea, so would really like to get others views too.

If you can recommend someone that you have used in the Melbourne area that would be great too. We are happy to drive out further too.

Thanks.

May be a bit late for a reply but ill give you some feedback from past experience. My dog Bella has stayed at both DogDayz in Warandyte formerly Lyndon park (not the seville one only Warandyte, they own think at least total of 3 kennels), and the Dogs Country Club. Both are excellent kennels but expect to cough up quite a chunk of expense ontop of your holiday. My dog will be boarding at the country club again during October. They have had two price hikes since her last stay in May last year. They have off-peak and on-peak rates, they do do discount on extended stay eg.longterm boarding. Rates can vary based on size of dog from both kennels. The country club normally boards the dog in shared accommodation with a compatible playmate/s whereas DogDayz/Lyndon normally offers solo accommodation for your dog. Both kennels have beautiful acres of land so you can't go wrong with either for a good exercise for your dog. Is your dog over 6 months old, or at least will be around 6 months by the time she is due to boarded? Make sure his/her vaccinations are up to date preferably the c5 vaccine to allow her to boarded in a kennel. Christmas is a very busy period especially in kennels, you may still be ok to book either kennel if you ring them now. I would advise to inspect the kennel/s before making a booking cause its nice knowing where your dog is staying and what its like. In the past i have inspected at least over 10 in Melbourne. Those kennels were the only two that ticked all the right boxes for me. Goodluck in finding a good holiday place for your pup.