Healing Dogs Nose - Pigmentation

Wadz

I was just wondering if anyone could please recommend what to use on a dogs nose to help it heal from a dog bite? Is it possible to for pigmentation to fully heal? Any advice would be fantastic!

Edited by Wadz

Sorry!! It was a dog bite and he is seeing a vet this afternoon. It's right in the center of the nose and on his lip. I just want to know if it is even possible to heal the pigmentation, as he has been doing really well in the ring and i don't want this to set him back.

Years ago my girl had a cut on her nose from a dog bite and I was also worried about pigment and scarring. I did nothing special; just treated it like any other wound, and it has healed completely with no scarring. You can't tell there was ever a cut.

My Husky badly rubbed and scratched his nose on some chicken wire and I was worried that the pigment might not return. I just put a dab of Lucas pawpaw ointment on each night just before sleep and it healed perfectly with no sign of scarring in around a week. :)

Good idea to get the vet check, I love the pawpaw ointment but probably wouldn't use it is there is any pus, weeping or an infection unless I dabbed a bit of betadine or similar first. Interestingly both my old and new vet also recommend this ointment :)

As I said before I applied it at night before sleep so there was better chance of it staying on for longer. But there is no reason you couldn't dab a bit three times a day, unless of course your dog got the runs from ingesting too much.

Best wishes for the vet visit and I am pretty sure you won't have any visible scarring :)