Labor - Daniel Andrews Mp

Karentrimbo

I hear what you are saying GrufLife, I think every breeder needs to consider the dogs first but also consider thie human limitations to meet their needs! That's why I am annoyed that 2 stud dogs (1 Lab & 1 Springer) and 5 entire bitches (4 Labs & 1 Springer) constitute a commercial set up.... and I am in NSW!

And I am sure you do a great job looking after your pets…

People need to be realistic.

What is next… Placing a permit on how many children you should have? Well, this may be a good idea! ….

The world is going mad.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant imagine how anyone person could want to own more than 10 fertile dogs either but the fact is clearly some do and some even have what I believe to be good reason - someone owning 10 chis is rather different to someone owning 10 staffies.

Fertile or not Fertile - Dogs are hard work

My dogs are not hard work and everyone is fertile but then I never thought 8 kids was that difficult either .

Putting licences and permits and yearly inspections on people wont do anything to stop dogs suffering.

All it does is chase off those who love their dogs and their breed and leave more demand for huge establishments.

More big establishments because it so expensive to breed a handful of dogs with all their crap regs.

I hear what you are saying GrufLife, I think every breeder needs to consider the dogs first but also consider thie human limitations to meet their needs! That's why I am annoyed that 2 stud dogs (1 Lab & 1 Springer) and 5 entire bitches (4 Labs & 1 Springer) constitute a commercial set up.... and I am in NSW!

And I am sure you do a great job looking after your pets…

People need to be realistic.

What is next… Placing a permit on how many children you should have? Well, this may be a good idea! ….

The world is going mad.

Hi Karentrimbo just for the record my 'pets' as you say are part of a very specific breeding program where we are the preferred supplier for organisations who trained our dogs as guide dogs, assistance dogs for the physically and intellectually disabled, blind, diabetes alert bio-security drug detection, bomb detection for both private and government organisations. EVERY stud or brood bitch has full health, DNA testing, eye testes, temperament and ability tested independently of us.

People looking for a family dog can be waiting up to 2 years for 'pet' dog puppy or a re-homed adult from us. You can only purchase our dogs after you have proven you have had a home assessment are linked with a puppy pre-school private trainer or obedience school. And yes we look after our dogs well all dogs are worthy of love - some are well loved and have an important job to do. It is the ONLY reason why I continue to breed.

Edited by Tapua

Back to the OP - notice they are saying they will restrict number to a max ten in domestic breeding facilities - commercial breeders will not have any more restrictions on them now or ever.

Smoke and Mirrors folks.

http://thisislabor.org/Protect-puppies

Hi Steve,

In Victoria - Any business with more than 10 Fertile dogs are deemed a Domestic Animal Business.

They might not even be running a business, or making any money. But they still have to be registered which can take 2 - 4 years, plus engaging a Town Planner, Consulting with Council - Their Local Laws department, Submissions (Feedback) from neighbours, EPA regulations, Water - Regulations.

Labor will not be able to enforce this under their so-called election promises. Daniel Andrews - MP is promising the world. He has targeted every demographic in his budget. Where is the money coming from?

If we want legitimate animal crutely legislation in this country (HIT IT WHERE IT HURTS) - The amount of money produced on betting for example is HUGE - $800 million today to be betted on the MELBOURNE CUP.... ALONE! And they will not donate 1% of the profits to animal rehoming causes...

So there is a lot of work to be done.

I would love to know where all the donations from OSCARS LAW is going... Is there not an independent board to audit where the money is being spent?

Yes I should have known that and it did hit me soon after I wrote the post.

Nothing they have done will stop animals from suffering and all it does is run off the small guys and favours those who invest hundreds of thousands and keep hundreds. Then after their laws actually encourage big to get bigger they tell us they will bring everyone down to 10 - who do they think they are fooling?

Yes I should have known that and it did hit me soon after I wrote the post.

Nothing they have done will stop animals from suffering and all it does is run off the small guys and favours those who invest hundreds of thousands and keep hundreds. Then after their laws actually encourage big to get bigger they tell us they will bring everyone down to 10 - who do they think they are fooling?

Yes, by limiting the ownership of fertile female dogs by 10 will only encourage the big players to move interstate or, hide their interests. I don't see it being passed because Greyhounds racing is very lucrative to the State of Victoria. The same goes for those big kennels that breed Police Dogs or Seeing Eye Dogs.

There are over 150,000 registered dog breeders in this Country. There will be always unscrupulous players in any industry (good & bad)…. The Liberals in Victoria have funded millions for a highly sophisticated task force to track down, audit and charge these cruel guys. Labor did nothing for 11 years plus, so I don't see how things are going to change. The legislative changes to get this passed in my opinion would be extraordinary if passed.

They cant just shut down the businesses as long as they comply with all the laws - especially as they are the ones that pushed them into investing the kind of money for infra structure they have. No self respecting dog breeder who still has a thread of a love of dogs would ever make their animals live the way they have to unless it was mandatory in the first place.

Edited by Steve

• 2 weeks later...

They cant just shut down the businesses as long as they comply with all the laws - especially as they are the ones that pushed them into investing the kind of money for infra structure they have. No self respecting dog breeder who still has a thread of a love of dogs would ever make their animals live the way they have to unless it was mandatory in the first place.

I have spent thousands of dollars to be above minimum standards and now they tell us they are banning anyone owning more than 10 females. So I think I will need to give away 5 of my dogs. :(

Edited by Karentrimbo