Gough Whitlam Dies At 98

Pjrt

Take a moment to reflect the life and service of an Australian political giant and a decent human being.

I was 1 when he was elected and although not a labor person, I can't deny him.

I bet the first thing he did was plant one on Margaret xx

I've been dreading this day :( Why? How many times can one hear, "Well may we say 'God Save the Queen' because nothing will save the Governor General," and not go crazy?

If I had a dollar for everytime I have seen that on the television or heard it on the radio in the past 39 (minus a few weeks) years, I would be a wealthy woman. Was originality by reporters, programmers, newscasters, etc sacked on that day also?

I've been dreading this day :( Why? How many times can one hear, "Well may we say 'God Save the Queen' because nothing will save the Governor General," and not go crazy?

If I had a dollar for everytime I have seen that on the television or heard it on the radio in the past 39 (minus a few weeks) years, I would be a wealthy woman. Was originality by reporters, programmers, newscasters, etc sacked on that day also?

I go crazy too DDD when I hear that. I also remember thinking how clever 'Kerr's cur' was. He was an inspiration and one of my friends still has her 'It's Time' badge. I think he helped so many women achieve dignity. His wife was almost as tall and influential and their marriage was an inspiration to me.

I remember when I was working in the Civic library here in Canberra which was in the city and Margaret came in to return some books and they were all over due and I had to fine her and she gladly paid the fine, she was so nice and had a chat and then left.

Maree

CPR