Dog Movie Anyone Know It?

Kirislin

Years ago I saw a movie on SBS about hunting dogs in some middle eastern country (I think) It was like a love story, something about a poor man who won or was given a beautiful dog??? I cannot remember it much. I dont think the people were real actors and it had narration rather than them speaking lines. Does any of that ring a bell? I've tried to search on youtube with no success.

Not Bombon El Perro?

ETA if it is, then you can watch on SBS movies online

Coco is a broke craftsman living in a cramped apartment with his daughter and her children but his life is turned around when he is given an Argentine Dogo in reward for a good deed. Directed by Carlos Sorin and stars Juan Villegas, Walter Donado and Rosa Valsecchi. (From Argentina in Spanish) (2004)

http://www.sbs.com.a...bombon-el-perro

Edited by Noishe

No definitely not Bombon El Perro, I knew that was on at the moment and actually made a thread about it to let others know. I'm not really a fan of that movie, but thanks for trying to help me.

The movie I'm thinking of was set in the Middle East and was about sighthounds. They called them slougis or something sounding like that it might have even sounded like saluki and they were rangy running dogs but I dont know if they'd be the same as what we call sloughis or salukis, they're certainly similar to many of our running breeds. It made me wonder if the word they used simply meant dog, or hunting dog.

Edited by Kirislin

Be interested in any dog movies.

The breed is sloughies. Like saluki type. I love this breed. Maybe search using breed.....

I might go look myself..

I did, and all I got were awful vids of Arabs (I think) with hounds killing gazelles, some kind of dog/jackal and hares.

The one I've found through searching is called The Prince of Sloughis: http://sloughi.tripod.com/SFAA/psv.html

I don't know if this is the one -- it's set in Morocco -- but it is also on YouTube if you google search. It's also commonly spelled "Slooghi" :/

Very good sleuthing!! I dont think this is the film, but it is very much along these lines. Possibly made by the same film maker. Thankyou.

Edit Actually I think this is it!! it's just after so many years I'd forgotten it. I remembered it as dark dogs but now that I've watched it and let it sink in, I think you found it. Very clever, thankyou again. :worship:

How the hell did you find it with such minimal and vague information?

Edited by Kirislin

The one I've found through searching is called The Prince of Sloughis: http://sloughi.tripo...m/SFAA/psv.html

I don't know if this is the one -- it's set in Morocco -- but it is also on YouTube if you google search. It's also commonly spelled "Slooghi" :/

I searched pretty thoroughly and couldn't find this, how did you come up with it? I need to know :laugh:

The one I've found through searching is called The Prince of Sloughis: http://sloughi.tripo...m/SFAA/psv.html

I searched pretty thoroughly and couldn't find this, how did you come up with it? I need to know :laugh:

well thankyou both for looking. Yes Caz, I am amazed she found it with my vague description, but then again I came to DOL thinking someone will know the movie or find it for me even if they dont know, and sure enough. :laugh: RiverStar-Aura :winner::thanks:

:laugh: So glad I found it for your Kirislin. I'm not sure how I found it but I've always liked detective work and vagueness and tend to enjoy tracing things. In the end all I typed into Google was "film sloughi" and found the link I posted above. It may have only taken me about 5 minutes if that of searching :laugh:

I did that too at first but realised I kept getting search results from YouTube of peoples' pet sloughis. Then I tried things like movie SBS sighthound, movie Middle East sighthound, movie poor man sighthound and similar things kept popping up. Don't really know why I decided yo try film instead -- perhaps it was to see if I could remove most of the hits from YouTube.

I'm just glad my random brain fart worked this time for you!! :)