Advice Needed - New Here

Tazeron

Ok long story short, bought a purebred lab supposed to be on Main Reg. Flown from Sydney to Perth he's a little angel and I love him to bits, as does my 2.5yr old entire male choc lab.

But, he's now 5 months old, I sent breeder an update she was all happy and thanking me, I sent her another email the next day with more photos and asked about his papers cos I haven't had them yet.

Now in Wa you have until the litter is 4 months of age I think to register, but I don't know what the regs are in NSW.

Anyhoo, it's now been a week, and no reply email.

Should I email again?

I do have the original emails I sent asking for puppy to be on mains reg and price etc and responses.

Sigh... I'm wondering now should I have just stuck it out and waited for a pup to come up over here.

Any advice anyone? Thanks in advance

Edited by Tazeron

That's my next step, though pretty much all communication was done through email.

I have his puppy pack and copies of all his parents papers clearances etc so I don't understand why there would be an issue to start with :-/

That's my next step, though pretty much all communication was done through email.

I have his puppy pack and copies of all his parents papers clearances etc so I don't understand why there would be an issue to start with :-/

Ring and ask mate there should not be a problem. The breeder will need the microchip number to register which is requirement in NSW.

Okay so I've just tried to call, number not connecting? Now I'm a bit worried :-(

I will try again.

Puppy is def microchipped, all that paperwork came with him as well which I have now sent off to the Australasian animal registry, it was signed and details all filled out by breeder which I'm now thinking wasn't right because when I bought my choc lab his microchip was already registered to his breeder all I had to do was fill out a change of ownership which his breeder supplied.

I even checked his microchip at vets when he had his vacs.

I will do as I have just checked the aar website under both my name and the breeders name. The microchip is not registered at all. I then went to pet address to do a search and nothing again.

I will contact dogsnsw first thing tomorrow

Thanks guys for your replies :-)

It may not be sinister at all. Almost all dogs microchipped in NSW have the details stored on the NSW local government authority's registry, which is pretty inaccessible outside NSW.

It 's pretty ridiculous, but that the way it is.

DogsNSW can help you sort it all out.

Def ring dogsnsw.

When I got my Ridgie boy he was on main register and I planned on showing.

The breeder was such an unorganised person that it took her till my boy was almost 9 months old to send his papers.

And even then she had forgotten to sign them !!!

So by the time I got him in the ring he just hated it being a bit older it was just too hard.

It can be incredibly frustrating.

Cheers Janet

Okay so I've just tried to call, number not connecting? Now I'm a bit worried :-(

I will try again.

Puppy is def microchipped, all that paperwork came with him as well which I have now sent off to the Australasian animal registry, it was signed and details all filled out by breeder which I'm now thinking wasn't right because when I bought my choc lab his microchip was already registered to his breeder all I had to do was fill out a change of ownership which his breeder supplied.

I even checked his microchip at vets when he had his vacs.

My breeder sends all copies of the microchipping paperwork (excluding any vet copies) to me and i fill out the paperwork listing me as the owner and then i send off one copy to AAR and i keep one copy. A few weeks later, when the info has been put into the AAR system i can log in and change any details i need to change.

It's been this way with both of my labby kids who come from the same breeder. i hope you get your registration papers! When my 11 week girl came home at 8 weeks, her registration papers arrived a little over a week later. When my boy came home a little over 3 years ago, his papers came really quickly too.

The microchip laws are different in every state and unless the breeder in NSW registers the chip on two registries it wont show until you do it yourself when you get the pup home. Its still a chip and its still changed over into your name - nothing sinister here.

Breeders in NSW also have 6 months to register the litter - Im sure there is nothing to worry about

Thanks for all the replies guys, I think it's hard because each state has different rules and regulations and since I've never bought a dog from over east before I tend to panic really quick. Knowing that breeders over nsw have until 6 months, see that's totally different to wa it's only 4 here or you get fined per pup in the litter when they do put the paperwork in.

I checked the number this morning that I have and in my worry/panic state I left a number off. So that was my fault :-)

I'll call again this morning failing that I'm just going to calm down and be patient :-)

Thanks again for all the replies I really appreciate it :-)