Petalive Aggression Formula

02Dogs

Hi,

Quick recap - my two girls were snuggles buddy, had several serious fights so are now kept completely separate :-( We're currently working with a trainer/behaviourist.

The training is going well, however, my youngest still goes into 'hunt' mode if she thinks she can get to my eldest so I'm keen to see if there are any natural remedies that can help stop/reduce this habit.

I've tried Adaptil and Pet Calmer (by Bradfield) neither helped.

There are some good reviews for PetAlive's aggression formula but it is pricey - has anyone tried it?

Oh... I'm also looking at getting the Calm by PetArk for both girls post training, so any feedback on it would be appreciated as well!

Thank you.

Sounds like you've made some good progress! I find those types of remedies (including Tryptophan based supplements) are good at giving you that extra 1% in retraining established behaviours particularly if the dog in question is anxious or "highly strung." I have seen products such as Troy Behave paste have good results but only in conjunction with plenty of behavioural modification.

Sounds like you've made some good progress! I find those types of remedies (including Tryptophan based supplements) are good at giving you that extra 1% in retraining established behaviours particularly if the dog in question is anxious or "highly strung." I have seen products such as Troy Behave paste have good results but only in conjunction with plenty of behavioural modification.

Thanks for that suggestion!

I haven't come across that one, I'll check it out now :-)

Thanks for that suggestion!

I haven't come across that one, I'll check it out now :-)

Not everything works for every dog of course - do keep us updated!

my youngest still goes into 'hunt' mode if she thinks she can get to my eldest so I'm keen to see if there are any natural remedies that can help stop/reduce this habit.

I would seriously doubt a 'calmative' like ltryptophan/B complex would make aggression vanish.

Over time, I would hope to see some relaxing happening, allowing you to use the training better :) One dog being aggressive to another doesn't mean the aggressor is uptight , or stressed , AFAIK .The younger dog may ,indeed be calm & confident - in wanting the other dog GONE .

Thanks for updating :)

Dear god in heaven no I would never give that to my dog. It contains Belladonna which is a TOXIN and where we also get Atropine from. Sorry but with the ingredients in there I would be concerned for long term cardiac effects considering it contains ingredients that have an effect on both the nervous system and heart. No wonder the dogs stop fighting on it - they're pretty much drugged considering you need to give it 3 times a day to be effective.

1419041002[/url]' post='6614723']

Hi,

Quick recap - my two girls were snuggles buddy, had several serious fights so are now kept completely separate :-( We're currently working with a trainer/behaviourist.

The training is going well, however, my youngest still goes into 'hunt' mode if she thinks she can get to my eldest so I'm keen to see if there are any natural remedies that can help stop/reduce this habit.

There are some good reviews for PetAlive's aggression formula but it is pricey - has anyone tried it?

Oh... I'm also looking at getting the Calm by PetArk for both girls post training, so any feedback on it would be appreciated as well!

Thank you.

I have used Pet Ark Calm with my dog who suffers from separation anxiety and is over protective of my husband. It has worked to keep her calmer. I can tell the difference if I forget to give it to her for a few days. It has helped with my training of her. I would certainly recommend it.

I have used Pet Ark Calm with my dog who suffers from separation anxiety and is over protective of my husband. It has worked to keep her calmer. I can tell the difference if I forget to give it to her for a few days. It has helped with my training of her. I would certainly recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to give it a try.

We just needed sometime to help with her fixation on getting to our eldest, so it doesn't form a long term habit, while we're working on her training.