Products To Cover Up Blemishes On A Dogs Cost

Hi Everyone.

I am in need of some grooming advice. I have a Dobermann who has a small bald spot on her tail.

I would like to find a product to cover it up for the show ring. I believe Chris Christensen has some black makeup products but I am unsure what ones to uses.

Does anyone know of any products that would work well for this?

Thanks in advance :)

Presumably the skin is pink so it stands out as a bald spot and you are looking to colour the skin? I can't actually think of anything much that would be permitted in a show ring under the rules for misrepresenting a dog.

Black chalk is allowable but you are supposed to brush it out before you go in the ring. I would probably use black chalk (hoping she is not a liver LOL) and not brush too vigourously. You don't want it so thick that it comes of on the judge's hands though!

Is there anything you can do to encourage regrowth of hair on the bald spot or is it too heavily scarred?

Hi I have tried applying paw paw ointment and coconut oil which has helped the skin but not the hair growth. I have been told its due to a gland on the tail. I will try the chalk thanks for the idea. It's only a small area so it should work well.

Get a Chris Stic (sp?)

Is it permitted - probably not

Is it used - a LOT

Does it work - Yep :D

Yep, a Chris Christensen Cris Stic or black chalk would do it.

Horse shops also tend to to have creams for darkening muzzles. That might be the easiest way to see some products if you don't have a decent dog grooming supplies place close to you

Please don't put shoe polish on your dog, regardless of it it works. Putting something toxic on a dog is pretty shit for cosmetic purposes. The Chris Stick will do the job just fine.

Hmm, shoe polish - a mixture of moth balls (naphthalene) and wax...

wax - pretty harmless

moth balls - not so much.

http://www.wired.com/2009/12/st_shoe_polish/

Personally I'd be tempted to try black texta. Often got that all over my hands without any long term effect that I know of (could be wrong). But it would sting an open wound. You can also get non-toxic textas for toddlers who like to put everything in their mouth.

What has the chris stick got in it?

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket