Desensitisation Training

Have started doing some desensitisation training for Ronin with the help of our trainer. We wanted to get him more comfortable with man-handling for things like checking for grass seeds, ticks etc and also to make vet visits and grooming more comfortable for all involved.

This is my 7 year old daughter employing some of the techniques :)

Edited by Yonjuro

Awww this bought tears to my ears. I really miss our Sibe who passed away a couple of months ago. We would always call him a gentleman as he was such a sweet and gentle boy. Your boy reminds me of him so much! :cry:

Awww this bought tears to my ears. I really miss our Sibe who passed away a couple of months ago. We would always call him a gentleman as he was such a sweet and gentle boy. Your boy reminds me of him so much! :cry:

Aww, sorry Bec - I know how hard these things are :cry:

Don't be sorry I love seeing pics and videos of your boy. What lines is he from?

Don't be sorry I love seeing pics and videos of your boy. What lines is he from?

He's from Articpower in Newcastle I have his full pedigree and even his great grandparents linage somewhere in my files back to champs in US and Canada :) We were very fortunate to get him after a lot of research and waiting :)

Oh, I should say that the breeders are very much into working their dogs unlike some who breed for the fashion of the day in shows. Our breeders believe working and showing shouldn't be mutually exclusive :-)

Edited by Yonjuro

He's from Articpower in Newcastle I have his full pedigree and even his great grandparents linage somewhere in my files back to champs in US and Canada :) We were very fortunate to get him after a lot of research and waiting :)

Oh, I should say that the breeders are very much into working their dogs unlike some who breed for the fashion of the day in shows. Our breeders believe working and showing shouldn't be mutually exclusive :-)

Shell from AP used to post here quite a lot back in the day! :)

Shell from AP used to post here quite a lot back in the day! :)

Oh, Shell, is a wonderful person :)

I love this clip, brought tears to my eyes because I LOVE seeing children being responsible and respectful to animals :thumbsup: Your daughter is adorable with her interactions :)

I loved watching your lovely little girl doing some training with gorgeous Ronin.

Has he hurt his leg? I must have missed that. Hope he is going to be OK.

I need to do some desensitization work with both my guy's. I can handle both of them OK but they aren't fussed on others touching their feet. And being turned over 'belly up' Sonny just flat out refuses. Stella will show her cute belly to anyone who wants to look????

I love this clip, brought tears to my eyes because I LOVE seeing children being responsible and respectful to animals :thumbsup: Your daughter is adorable with her interactions :)

Thanks so much CHA :-) She always amazes people at the park as she will always asks people if she can pat their dog. approaches from the side, gives them a few seconds and pat under the chin as opposed to the old stick your hand out in front and pat on the head :D

Very nice! They have a really good relationship don't they :)Have you ever done hide'n'seek with Ronin and your daughter? It's a favourite in our house.

Thanks Raineth :-) yes we do ! We do it at parks and my parents house as the yard is huge. I distract Ronin while Caitlin hides, say "find Caitin!" and off he goes. It is great fun :thumbsup:

I loved watching your lovely little girl doing some training with gorgeous Ronin.Has he hurt his leg? I must have missed that. Hope he is going to be OK. I need to do some desensitization work with both my guy's. I can handle both of them OK but they aren't fussed on others touching their feet. And being turned over 'belly up' Sonny just flat out refuses. Stella will show her cute belly to anyone who wants to look????

Thanks BC :) Yeah the poor bugger has cut his pad and won't stop licking it, so we had to see the vet on Tuesday late arvo and it was a bandage or a cone so I went for the bandage. Took it off today (3 days after) as he was getting very whingey and he is straight back to licking it :( He is being a real baby too :( Just praying there is nothing stuck in it. It is for these type of things that we wanted to step up this sort of training and it was coincidental that he hurt his paw after I made the booking with our trainer.

Ouch ???? Do you know what he cut it on Yunjuro ? Hope he hasn't got a bit of glass or something in it. Sonny had a nasty oyster cut on his paw a while back that wasn't healing well so I stepped up the bathing with strong warm salt water. I ended up finding 3 large pieces of shell in it. Healed up really nicely after that ☺

Thanks so much CHA :-) She always amazes people at the park as she will always asks people if she can pat their dog. approaches from the side, gives them a few seconds and pat under the chin as opposed to the old stick your hand out in front and pat on the head :D

Very nice! They have a really good relationship don't they :)Have you ever done hide'n'seek with Ronin and your daughter? It's a favourite in our house.

Thanks Raineth :-) yes we do ! We do it at parks and my parents house as the yard is huge. I distract Ronin while Caitlin hides, say "find Caitin!" and off he goes. It is great fun :thumbsup:

Exceellent! It's such a goody. Del and my son were playing it in the house last night and Del kept checking he wasn't hiding in the mice cage :laugh:

Ouch ???? Do you know what he cut it on Yunjuro ? Hope he hasn't got a bit of glass or something in it. Sonny had a nasty oyster cut on his paw a while back that wasn't healing well so I stepped up the bathing with strong warm salt water. I ended up finding 3 large pieces of shell in it. Healed up really nicely after that ☺

I don't know when or how, but I suspect it was when we were walking in the rain - I dearly hope there is nothing in it. I was a nightmare getting the bandage on so and prodding around will probably have to be done under some form of sedation ??? :cry:

Exceellent! It's such a goody. Del and my son were playing it in the house last night and Del kept checking he wasn't hiding in the mice cage :laugh:

Hahahaha :laugh: Nice one Del :thumbsup: