From Grey Bars To Greyhounds

HazyWal

No worries Larissa and Stressy I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Greyhounds turned my life around at a very dark time so if one inmate can take a positive from these gorgeous dogs then that can only be a good thing. I did see a doco on greyhounds in a very hard women's prison in WA a few years ago and it was amazing how it had not only helped the dogs but had really changed the usually disruptive behaviour of a few women that became involved in the programme. It was a huge positive.

Edited by HazyWal

Brandi and Paige came through the NSW GAP prison programme. I had the opportunity to go inside and take Brandi back for a visit to update everyone on how they were getting along. Very inspiring to see , not only the short term gains in terms of the real pride and care taken in the dogs, but also the confidence of these women, the changes in the relationships between staff and inmates, and also the long term benefits of training and education, so people are going out with qualifications and experience of handling dogs so they can get a job, or at least the shot at a job.

I have an especially soft spot for greyhounds ever since my girl (who usually hates all other dogs) kissed and was completely non reactive to a couple she met.

I always thought they were beautiful but since she thought they were terrific, well that sealed it even more for me :)

I have an especially soft spot for greyhounds ever since my girl (who usually hates all other dogs) kissed and was completely non reactive to a couple she met.

My tibetan spaniels loved the greyhounds in the next property. Lined up every morning at the fenceline for a kiss. Such calm, sensible, affectionate dogs .... & the tibbies picked that up.

Great to hear about the prison program. Good for both the greys & the prisoners (& I bet the staff, too!).

Brandi and Paige came through the NSW GAP prison programme. I had the opportunity to go inside and take Brandi back for a visit to update everyone on how they were getting along. Very inspiring to see , not only the short term gains in terms of the real pride and care taken in the dogs, but also the confidence of these women, the changes in the relationships between staff and inmates, and also the long term benefits of training and education, so people are going out with qualifications and experience of handling dogs so they can get a job, or at least the shot at a job.

Wow thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

My tibetan spaniels loved the greyhounds in the next property. Lined up every morning at the fenceline for a kiss. Such calm, sensible, affectionate dogs .... & the tibbies picked that up.

Great to hear about the prison program. Good for both the greys & the prisoners (& I bet the staff, too!).

That's great Malakita :D

Mita you're right, I would say a majority are calm except for my Maddie who is a complete nutter...she is M.A.D :laugh: They are definately affectionate as you can see in the clip the grey that's hanging his body over the guys leg and the lady reporter who's trying not to laugh with the grey smooching along the wire next to her.