Waterproof Pants

As the title says, I need some waterproof pants for trialing, training, walking and running the dog and general wet weather shenanigans.

I'm short legged so I don't want something that's going to be crazy long. Also comfortable enough to run around an agility course in.

Hit me with your best options!

Thank you. biggrin.gif

Edited by LisaCC

I wear Frogg Toggs but not for the 30 sec in the ring itself.

Could I run around in them comfortably anyway, say for training or general dog running? They aren't too stiff?

No they're not stiff - they are quite loose but I would find them a bit noisy to run in maybe? Wish you were closer so you could try them out!!!

Ah I think I know exactly what you mean bugger! Thanks for the offer but yes a bit far just to try on pants laugh.gif

I have water proof everything else, but just that really light rain that eventually soaks through normal pants on the thigh area during runs is annoying me!

I'd be looking at stuff for cross country skiing - ie it needs to allow freedom of movement and if you're working all day - not get sweaty. This page explains the different levels ie there's no way to get properly waterproof all day - without going to a higher level of waterproofing. I've done alright standing around stewarding in a sort of lined nylon shell pant but they're a tiny bit too tight for me. I got them for hockey training. Chinese sizing ie the ones we tried on for fit were much bigger than what showed up after we ordered.

Gore tex is good for waterproof. And there's something called Gore tex pack lite but they don't last forever.

https://www.rhythmsnowsports.com.au/info/buying-guides/fabric-explained.html

I have a Waterproof and windproof soft-shelled jacket from Kathmandu. It's not as warm or waterproof as my ski jacket which I will wear in even wetter weather, but does anyone know if there are pants made of a similar soft shell type material?

I'd be looking at stuff for cross country skiing - ie it needs to allow freedom of movement and if you're working all day - not get sweaty. This page explains the different levels ie there's no way to get properly waterproof all day - without going to a higher level of waterproofing. I've done alright standing around stewarding in a sort of lined nylon shell pant but they're a tiny bit too tight for me. I got them for hockey training. Chinese sizing ie the ones we tried on for fit were much bigger than what showed up after we ordered.

Gore tex is good for waterproof. And there's something called Gore tex pack lite but they don't last forever.

https://www.rhythmsn...-explained.html

Thanks for the link, I don't particularly need warmth, so I didn't think to look at ski pants.

I'll check out the Gore tex pack lite too thanks.

Yeah - I found out about gore tex because of cross country skiing... ie five minutes in and I'd be hot and sweaty... so yes - warm stuff not the best idea for me either.

Shops (online or not) catering for yachties might also have stuff. They get all wet but don't do a lot of running (well those guys end up in neoprene usually).