My Sick Little Cav 😞

NTC

My sweet almost 7 year old Cav Gem is currently at the vets suffering from Diarrohea. Her blood work came back showing that the proteins in her blood were low. Haven't checked a stool sample yet but hoping they can get one while she is there. She has never suffered Diarrohea before and of course being the Dr Google that I am its horror stories. I didn't get to see my regular vet who knows I am such a worry wart and tends to be very sympathetic and words things so I dont "Dr Google" . I did notice before the Diarrohea started that a few days before she did the bottom scoot on my carpet so I am hoping for worms and nothing sinister. She been on metronidazole since Monday and Tuesday her stool was better but Thursday it was back to being sloppy hence our latest trip to the vet. I want to start her on probiotics when she is home so any suggestions which is good one to use?

. I am so use to having my little shadow around I am missing her like crazy even the hideous farts she has been doing lately lol.

Sorry to hear about Gem. My tibetan spaniel, Annie, went thro' a number of months back in 2010, where out of the blue she kept getting loose bowel movements that she couldn't control. Vets tried every test including stool samples & even tried changing her diet to a special kibble (which only made her worse). They couldn't pinpoint a diagnosis. Got to stage where they sent her for scans .... & one of the vets went along to guide the radiologist. That revealed nothing either.

She was put on Metragyl which took the edge off.... & her diet was finally reduced to no processed food ... just lightly cooked chicken & sweet potato and plain rice.

Any processed dog food, no matter what high quality, acted as a trigger to set it off or make it worse. This went on for months, where it would break thro' again. Then as suddenly as it came, it disappeared & has never come back. Vets still don't know precisely what was wrong.

I'm keeping fingers cross for your Gem that you get a specific diagnosis so the vet can target the treatment.