Gps Dog Collar Kickstarter!

Two Best Dogs!

I just saw this on the news and immediately ran over to pledge to it! So I'm hoping this is okay to share incase anyone else is as eager as me to support it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/squeakerdogs/buddy-the-dog-collar-reimagined/description

It's a GPS collar with a 14 day battery life! It also does fancy things like monitor your pet but I'll be honest, I'm in this for the GPS and Bluetooth. It can find your pet to within 1 metre!

(For ppl unfamiliar with kickstarter aka myself, my understanding is the money only leaves your bank if they are successful. You can donate between $1 and $8k if you have that much to spare lol)

I want to gush about how excited I am if this becomes a thing (I've been hunting for gps collars but most of them required you to charge it every other day or have a phone subscription? This one you don't seem to need to subscribe, you buy outright.)

I'm just so worried something will happen and because of her nervous nature, no-one will catch her so the faster I get near her the faster I can recall if she gets a fright!

edit: cant get image to work :c

Doesn't hurt that it's an Australian brand as well.

Edited by Thistle the dog

Yeah that start up price is pretty $$$ but in my hunt, it's the same price as all the other gps/radio collars out there - with the bonus that you don't have to sign up to anything but the app and has lots of other frills. Majorly appreciating that waterproofing! And all those extra exercise monitoring and heartbeat type things that I'm less interested in personally.

I'm one of those early bird ones, btw. Discount if it goes ahead! And I really want something like that on the market - maybe some competition will happen and cheap options could come out.

Maybe if she wasn't such a scaredy-dog I wouldn't but for me, worth it for the peace of mind! That and I expect it to last some 8-10 years :p

Edited by Thistle the dog

certainly has me interested, and my dogs are barely out of either of our sights. This is the closest to what I would expect with current technology available and more - the lights are something I wouldn't have wanted but now they are on offer- yes!

The dogs that went to Macquarrie Island to eradicate the rabbits wore GPS collars - find the bunny, click, co-ordinates go back to base and on to a map, everyone knows where the rabbit is. How simple is that!

That's amazing! Tech can be pretty cool. I look forward to what stuff will be made in the future for dogs.

My folks have some radio collars but... They're kinda big and ugly and I moved to the city XD I don't fancy everyone asking what she's wearing! So a collar like this one is cool. Half the price of a radio one too...

• 2 years later...