Staffordshire Bull Terrier Runt

Maddie29

Thanks Purdie, I did mention it but it's a MIGHT breed her. I doubt we will

I think being the runt already she is at a disadvantage, so my best suggestion would be to think seriously about not doing that to her body, or the future pups. If you DO want to breed dogs there are some really awesome resources here and some of the experienced people here can point you in the direction of doing it the right way and where to start getting yourself registered.

I believe it is a looong, hard road and not one I envy! Haha.

Have you seen the health test results? The pup could have a touch of mange. Will you be getting main rego papers for her?

I'm guessing that happens with her 6 week check up?

There are a few diseases that the parents should have been tested for, those are the health tests you need to see. Staffy's aren't my breed so I can't think of the names of them. They are DNA tests. Look up your states breed club. They will have the names. Unpapered staffy pups are a dime a dozen in pounds and rescues. If you think you might want to breed then you should be thinking about doing it the right way, which is with a fully registered pup who comes from health tested parents and who is health tested herself before being bred from and that the sire is also properly registered and tested. And that you have joined your states governing body and hopefully done a few shows to see if your girl is actually good enough to contribute to the gene pool. It is not easy, nor cheap, to do things the right way but the dogs will be much less likely to pay the price. Do it the wrong way and the dogs are more likely to end up in the pound, and/or with a disease they need not have got, and not overly bred from themselves. If you really love the breed then you should really think hard about doing things the right way.

have you a list of questions to ask the breeder?

Some you might want to consider are mentioned in here .

CLICK HERE

a sample :

Is the breeder open to questions and do they

provide a complete history of the puppy?

Is your puppy bred to be a pet and free

from known inherited disorders?

Does the breeder offer to provide ongoing

support and information after purchase?

Does the breeder provide references

to back up what they have told you?