Is There A Product Similar To Synflex?

Boronia

Well I bought the powder and after one dose of half a teaspoon for Maddie she got the worst runs the next day :(

She never gets the runs and as she'd had nothing different it must've been the powder. Has anyone else had this reaction, I'm not game to give it to her again she's dealing with enough at the moment without a runny bum :(

Edited by HazyWal

I still have a little bit of Synflex left but I'll open the new bag of powder this morning and give them a little with their breakfast to see what happens.

The dosage is 1/4 tsp up to 15kg but as my lot weigh between 7.5 and 8.5kg I think I'll give them less than 1/4 tsp for a few days, maybe about 1/8 tsp

I'll update this afternoon when poo-time has happened

Edited by Boronia

Well I bought the powder and after one dose of half a teaspoon for Maddie she got the worst runs the next day :(

She never gets the runs and as she'd had nothing different it must've been the powder. Has anyone else had this reaction, I'm not game to give it to her again she's dealing with enough at the moment without a runny bum :(

No :( started 5 dogs on it and none had an issue

No :( started 5 dogs on it and none had an issue

Bugger, just our luck I guess.

She's well within the weight range for half a teaspoon (15-35 kilos) at 26 kilos so it's not like it was too much for her.

I figured she was well in the weight range HW, you could always try her on 1/8tsp, you can buy them on ebay here http://www.ebay.com....=item4627d332eb

They are hard to find in Aussie kitchen shops and when one is found it costs a fortune. I made one from a 1/4 measuring spoon by filling half of it with araldite (from front to back not bottom to top)

sort of like this :D

post-26505-0-43108500-1443912375_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had an issue like that HW - and Zig has a super sensitive tummy. Maybe try introducing it slowly?

So just updating I have been giving the powder to her every second day for the past week and touch wood no runny bum. I'm still only giving her just under the half a teaspoon and will slowly get it up to the level half and then try it daily. It's weird as Stan is the one with the dodgy guts but he's been fine!