Insurance

fiveplusone

I know there have been some threads about insurance not being paid on claims for pets so just wanted to share a good outcome

Our 6 year old GSP got happy tail and a month later needed amputation. I got a text yesterday morning from Pet Insurance Australia to say our claim had been received and would have a determination within 5-10 days. That afternoon 80% of my vets billed had been deposited into my bank account. I was expecting that I would get money back but to get it so quickly was fantastic.

Just wanted to share a good experience :-)

Petplan has always been great with Shock's seizures. I often send in claims for a few thousand dollars if she has required emergency hospitalisation. They have always paid promptly and I have a cheque in the mail within about a week of sending it (so that is with a few days postage each way).

PIA were fantastic with my claims too, I'd have a text message from them the same week that I'd mail my claim and payment in my account by the following week.

Also, Casper passed away the first month into my new 12-month cycle and after paying my claim, they cancelled my policy. I was expecting to have to pay for the full 12 months. When I get my next pet, I'll definitely be insuring with PIA again.

I'm glad your experience with them was so positive too 5+1